4/27 Sunshine Retailer Therapy 5.0 – Trip & Ship

BSQ

• 2 weeks later...

Hi BSQ,

I just read another review that says the balconies on deck 11 look straight down onto the deck 10 balconies that are not covered? We're in a deck 10 Spa balcony, and I'm concerned about no shade, so I called our PVP and he says they're "partially" covered.

Do you remember whether looking down you saw only a part of the deck 10 balconies or all of them? I asked him if we could change rooms (even to a non-Spa balcony) but other than a suite, there are no balconies left, and I'm not going to pay $700 more. We'll just deal with the lack of shade, if necessary.

Thanks - and I'll be sure to say "hi" to Miro from you :D

Karen

When we travel to a location unfamiliar to me......I always book a Hampton Inn. they are clean. Clean. The breakfast they put out is fine. Cereal. Good strong coffee. Juices. Something hot....

If we can't find on, we book a Holiday Inn. Not an old one. Either way they are around $100 + or - depending on season and location. They have free wifi.....free breakfast even if limited and the ones that are built with entrance doors open only..all others lock on closure and must be opened with a card......Like that.

I do like Marriott but they can get pricey in a hurry.

Enjoyed your review. You are going to pickle your liver. I say that. I never had a candy bar that could not solve any issue I had at the time. We need a Healthy, good for you whiskey. And A candy bar that makes you lose weight.

Your cabin was really lovely. the soft tones were good.

Hi BSQ,

I just read another review that says the balconies on deck 11 look straight down onto the deck 10 balconies that are not covered? We're in a deck 10 Spa balcony, and I'm concerned about no shade, so I called our PVP and he says they're "partially" covered.

Do you remember whether looking down you saw only a part of the deck 10 balconies or all of them? I asked him if we could change rooms (even to a non-Spa balcony) but other than a suite, there are no balconies left, and I'm not going to pay $700 more. We'll just deal with the lack of shade, if necessary.

Thanks - and I'll be sure to say "hi" to Miro from you :D

Karen

Hey KD - Looking down I could only see part of the balcony - Definitely could not see the whole thing. I was out on my balcony a lot and was usually fully shaded, or mostly shaded.

:D Awww, Miro will enjoy that I think, so thanks!!

Hello, BSQ, enjoying your comment. Cruising on 6/14 with Sunshine, Western Caribbean bound, my first time to cruise with them, always went with Celebrity and Royal Caribbean. I'm reading your comments about this boat, so 'thought I'd ask if you think we'd be okay on Stateroom 8130, Category 4F(Interior). My friend and I are both women in our mid 70s. It's not her 1st time with Carnival, but said she hadn't been in Destiny/Sunshine so can't tell me what to expect. Can you please give me some info on elevators one deck below Lido, or any info you can give that will help me have a good time enjoying the amenities in this ship? I'd really appreciate it. Thanks very much...

Edited by nene39

Hello, BSQ, enjoying your comment. Cruising on 6/14 with Sunshine, Western Caribbean bound, my first time to cruise with them, always went with Celebrity and Royal Caribbean. I'm reading your comments about this boat, so 'thought I'd ask if you think we'd be okay on Stateroom 8130, Category 4F(Interior). My friend and I are both women in our mid 70s. It's not her 1st time with Carnival, but said she hadn't been in Destiny/Sunshine so can't tell me what to expect. Can you please give me some info on elevators one deck below Lido, or any info you can give that will help me have a good time enjoying the amenities in this ship? I'd really appreciate it. Thanks very much...

Glad you enjoyed it! I'm not sure I'm the best source for enjoying the ship since I much prefer being in the ports to being on a ship and this vacation really was a do nothing but relax and recharge trip. I'll give it a go though.

On your room - I have no idea. I didn't check out other rooms. I imagine it's the standard inside room, I actually wanted an inside, I love them because I love completely dark rooms for sleeping. I did miss having a pitch dark room. My suggestion would be to google "carnival sunshine cabin 8130" and look for pictures.

About the elevators: you will not have the same issue I had. It is only deck 11, 12 & 14 that had the limited elevators. All lifts stop at deck 8.

Enjoying the ships amenities: this totally depends on what you like. Take a look at the ship's deck plans - I find they are easier to browse on travelocity. Once on board get a pocket copy of the plan (guest services). Each night spend a little time with the FunTimes and highlight things you think you might like to do.

Those few things usually serve me well. They would probably work better for me if I wore a watch.

Hope this helps you!

Influenced by Martinis, read with caution

Hey KD - Looking down I could only see part of the balcony - Definitely could not see the whole thing. I was out on my balcony a lot and was usually fully shaded, or mostly shaded.

:D Awww, Miro will enjoy that I think, so thanks!!

Thanks BSQ!!! I had visions of having paid for the balcony only to not use it because of no shade :eek:

Only 2 days to get through before we're on the Sunshine :D

• 2 weeks later...

Hi BSQ - We got home Saturday and had a wonderful time!! Miro knew exactly who you were when I said my friend Lorraine said to say "hi". He said your last name and I said "yes". He sends you a big hug!!!

We actually never went back to get a martini - we were so busy with other things - it's hard to do everything, as you know :)

We thoroughly enjoyed the ship and except for me ending up with a case of bronchitis, we had a great time!!

Thanks for your great review - it helped us to know what things to look for and to do.

Hugs, Karen

Hey KD! I was thinking about you all week, crossing my fingers you had a good time. so nice to hear you enjoyed yourself!

As for Miro, thanks! As much as he's run my card through an alchemy bar register, he better know my last name LOL :o (kidding! ... sort of)

Stinks that you came home sick - hope you're on the mend and feeling better soon. Take care, and so glad we reconnected through the Sunshine! How

Crazy!

Hugs! BSQ

Edited by BSQ

I try to break my writing up into small pieces so you can read what interests you and skip the rest.

Booking so close in, I didn’t really have time to plan much. I kind of just packed my suitcase and left the house Friday morning for a leisurely drive to somewhere. But since this isn’t just about the ship, you’re coming with me :) …

When I relocated from Jacksonville, FL to North Carolina I made several trips past the Tuskegee Airmen Monument. Today, we are stopping. I also stopped at the Mighty Eighth Air force Museum. Since you’re anxious to get on to the ship parts, or at least Florida, here are a couple quick shots.

gqyi.jpg

be6i.jpg

4fm2.jpg

Hope you enjoyed your visit to Walterboro. Home, sweet, home. ;) I am a History major and this is my not so secret hideaway.

I did actually! It was a nice little stop. I'll probably grab some lunch next time and picnic there instead of stopping along the highway. It was well worth the detour.

• 4 weeks later...