Great time on the Getaway but prefer Royal Caribbean

kaylie44

The day we ordered lobster rolls and the table next to us got served first even though they ordered after us our kids were not eating there they had already eaten at the buffet. So there was not an issue of waiting to have our entire order first before we were served because we only ordered 2 lobster rolls. Also at every restaurant we went to our children were served at least 5-10 minutes before we got our meal. I appreciated that so that the kids could start eating first and not get too antsy.

I don't know why we were overlooked multiple times but what I do know is it absolutely happened at least 5 times throughout the course of the cruise. Maybe it was our young children maybe it was because we look young. I don't know but it happened more then it should have.

This varies server to server. No young children here but I saw several times when other tables got quicker, better service than we did. Then we got a fabulous server one night and we were the lucky ones. My DH tells me not to look for such things and that we'll get served eventually. I think he's probably right. Those of us who look for such things are inclined to find them. The fabulous server was the oldest one we had and no doubt more experienced and cared more about his job performance. We turned in two compliment cards for him.

Perhaps you prefer the continuity of having the same server each night as you do on RCCL. We had that with them and found the service quite good, unlike the food and noise level in the MDR.

Edited by HokiePoq

I was told by a cabin steward that it would be awhile before our beach towels could be replaced, so if I needed it replaced that afternoon/evening, to take them up to the pool deck for exchange.

I don't know if there is a shortage of towels or what. He otherwise was a very kind and accommodating steward, so I figure it was just some oddity about how things work.

We just got off GA today, it was kind of hit or miss if our towels were exchanged automatically. On port days, we would get new towels on our way back onto the ship (nice easy exchange) non port days, our room steward sometimes exchanged them, sometimes didn't, although we didn't use the pool a lot, so that may be why... There were quite a few things our steward did that made us kind of shake our heads, but weren't so severe that we felt we needed to complain (after I finally make it home, I'll be doing a review and elaborate...)

Sent from my SPH-L720 using Tapatalk

This varies server to server. No young children here but I saw several times when other tables got quicker, better service than we did. Then we got a fabulous server one night and we were the lucky ones. My DH tells me not to look for such things and that we'll get served eventually. I think he's probably right. Those of us who look for such things are inclined to find them. The fabulous server was the oldest one we had and no doubt more experienced and cared more about his job performance. We turned in two compliment cards for him.

Perhaps you prefer the continuity of having the same server each night as you do on RCCL. We had that with them and found the service quite good, unlike the food and noise level in the MDR.

Yes I absolutely agree every server is different and the table next to you may have a better server and therefore have better service.

In my lobster roll incident there was only 3 tables at the ocean blue window. There is one server that runs the food to the tables as they come up. So when I saw 2 lobster rolls coming our way but were served to the 2 women that ordered at least 5 minutes after us it had nothing to do with different servers. We then received our 2 lobster rolls about 5 minutes later from the same server.

In one of the other incidents on the Getaway I was standing in line at the hostess stand with my 3 kids and the hostess stepped to her side to look behind me to help the older lady behind me. When she was done helping her she again ignored me and looked behind me to help another older lady behind me which is when I finally spoke up. I would like to add that in all of these situations my kids were being well behaved. I was not preoccupied talking to them. We were quietly waiting.

I was not looking for any of this it was just so blatant that I couldn't not notice.

The last time we cruised Royal we chose anytime dining so we had different servers every night and had good service.