Whats the Alchemy bar ?

tomboyy

My husband and I looooove this bar. We are disappointed when we book on a ship that doesn't have it. We would give the bartender a flavor suggestion and just let them surprise us with a drink and every drink we ordered was amazing.

ohhhh it's a little slice of heaven. :)

Yes they have tastings and a mixology class. the tastings are 4 mini martinis, you pick from a list of several popular ones.

As for the cocktails... siiiiigh. None better on a Carnival Ship.

Post 28 forward are about my Alchemy Cocktails on my last cruise

Liberty, Glory, Sunshine - all have been excellent.

Suggested drinks ... hmmm my favorite on the menu is a 40 is the new 20. I noticed the Cucumber Sunrise and Deal Closer were both very popular. It really just depends on what you are in the mood to have. Sweet, Spicy, Gin, Vodka, etc.

uhey.jpg

Edited by BSQ

I'll never forget the first time I sat down at it and asked for a gin and tonic. "No we cannot do that. Try this."

Hooked ever since!

Note that Alchemy on the Triumph does not offer the mixology class due to the shorter cruise length.

Any suggested drinks? Do they have tastings and lessons also?

I did not attend, but they do have a tasting. I think it's called a martini mixology class. They show it in the Fun Times onboard. I'm not sure how much the class costs though.

I've been on three ships with Alchemy (Liberty, Glory and Conquest) and have yet to stop by that bar for a drink! I will make it a point to visit on my Freedom repo cruise. After all, I've got 12 days! I think I will try that Deal Breaker one as it looks yummy just like my favorite Mocha Chocolate Getaway.

Do you get little "pickies" to have with your drinks at the Alchemy Bar? I thought I saw some olives, cheese and nuts in one persons pic. Can't wait to try the drinks here - look very interesting and yummy!

ohhhh it's a little slice of heaven. :)

Agree, 100%. It's the best bar on the ship, fun too with all the lab paraphernalia. Once I told them I like fruity drinks, it was on! Wish I had it discovered earlier on in my cruise.

They have snacks but I can't remember what they were.

Do they have tables and chairs in this bar? How many people would you say it holds? Thanks.

The front row has about 10 stools. The back row has two sections with about 7 stools on each side of the bar counters.

t75v.jpg

On the Sunshine, since it was next to the ocean plaza, you could order and carry it to your table. I don't recall when they were busy if the third bartender was at some of the OP tables, she might have been. The Liberty & Glory just had the bar stool set up.

Which I will add, the barstools in the front row swirl but are otherwise stationary to the floor. They are, in my opinion, kind of far away from the bar, and definitely not designed with short people in mind. The back row stools can be moved, they might be more comfortable. I enjoy watching the interaction with the mixologist so I am normally seated right at the bar. :cool:

Do you get little "pickies" to have with your drinks at the Alchemy Bar? I thought I saw some olives, cheese and nuts in one persons pic. Can't wait to try the drinks here - look very interesting and yummy!

Occasionally on any of the three ships I've been on we've received this plate. It's two types of cheeses, mixed nuts and 2-3 types of olives. It's a nice touch, but I'm not heartbroken if one isn't put out for me.

njvy.jpg

If you like a gin martini, very dry, up -- (stirred, not shaken) ask for blue cheese olives. Fantastic.

Used to LOVE Bombay Sapphire Martini's - haven't had those in quite a while - maybe I'll try one again - with the blue cheese olives! Sounds good.

The Alchemy Bar is wonderful. In addition to trying some of the great drinks on their menu, the mixologist made some drinks (not on the menu) based on what I like, and I was hooked. Lol I became a regular at that bar during my 7 day cruise. :o

Yeah I've been there before and couldn't get a seat. But luckily it is located right on the promenade next to a long hallway of couches and chairs. JUst grab a seat close to the bar so you can keep coming back. The bartender even brought me drinks to my seat numerous times. He told me to go find a seat and he will come find me, and he did! :)