Laundry Room Locations Navigator

Jeanne S

Thanks CRUZ LUV - we are across the hall in 520. How was the cabin sans balcony. Will I miss the balcony (it was tiny) this year?

KOOTZ - yes there are ironing boards and irons - 2 in the room if I remember correctely.

Jeanne,

This was our 2nd time on Navigator sans balcony . We had very cold weather the first half of our cruise( Iceland and northern Norway) so I'm not sure how much we would have used the balcony anyway. Previously , we had a balcony on Voyager which was nice to have.

In our last Navigator cruise, by the time we made our reservations, it would have been around $1,200 more per person to get a balcony. Couldn't sell that idea to my DH so I was very content with my balcony-less cabin.

And yes, there are still two ironing boards and irons in the laundry room.

They wanted $1000 more from us for the balcony and I just could not see it. When we sail to the Carribean we do book a balcony (as we do on most every cruise). I used to think it was so important but last year on Navigator in Bermuda did not use it all that much. Then we went on the Zenith two months later and I did not miss it at all; you get used to it. If the difference in cost is no more than say $600 I would have booked it, but a grand seemed too high given those funds could be used for massages, excursions and shopping.

Where exactly is the laundry room located on deck 5. From the deck plan it looks as if this might be across from 529/531?

I think we are going to like that there are only 12 cabins on this deck. Last time on deck 8 the entire deck was cabins and we shared the laundry room with all. Do we share this laundry room with deck 6? We certainlly will not have far to walk for dinner and I like that the purser's deck is just up the winding staircase.

Am trying to remember which ship I was on that served Swedish Pancakes with Lingenberries (sp). Do you remember this being offered? Am looking forward to everything, including Taffelspitz with spatezle, the cheese trolley with glass of port, escargot, the excellent Berinaise Sauce on the filet of beef.

Jeanne

Hi Jeanne,

From cabin 520 turn left, walk a few steps and the laundry room is on the right . It's on your aisle. Surprisingly, during our cruise it was never full! I did a few loads( it was a 2 weeks cruise and after it I was continuing traveling so I needed to take clean clothes with me!) and always found an empty washer and/ dryer.

With respect to the breakfast items I'm afraid I always had a "boring" breakfast, whatever they were offering in the Portofino buffet menu. A couple of times I had omelettes.

Are you doing Bermuda again?

María

Thanks Maria!

I see it now - that partition in the middle is where it is. This is wonderful!

Yes we are going to Bermuda again (3 cruises this year, also Celebrity Zenith and RCCL Voyager of the Seas - yes its downhill all the way from Radisson).

After being shown the table board in back of the couch and how this was used to make a real dining room table "in suite" we opted for breakfast in our cabin. We ordered the same menu as available in Compass Rose. Two staff would arrive, one first pushed a button/lever to raise the coffee table, then placed the board on which made it a regular full sized table for two. Then a cotton table clothe was laid down and the glassware and cutlery set up. Then the food arrived and it was always hot. The only time we ate in Compass Rose was on the last day – they wanted us out of the cabin by 9am, so we went to the DR shortly before 9am and had a leisurely breakfast. 10 min afterwards our deck was called for disembarkation.

I wish we had eaten at Portofino for breakfast. The reason we did not is because we are not that fond of buffets and also when we were there on embarkation day luncheon as well as night time dinner, the terrace was closed. Was the terrace open for you to dine alfresco for breakfast? That I would like to do.

Jeanne

Jeanne,

Yes, we dined there twice. We liked it a lot however can't remember if they had guiarrists( my gosh, I don't know why I can't remember!). It's my understanding they're going to have a Don Vito ( like in the Diamond) experience starting in Sept.In our crusie they had something similar, which they called Taste of Italy, on some nights but we didn't go to it.

When is your cruise?

Archived