Barcelona Excursion ?

So we are coming into Barcelona in a few weeks, on RC Liberty of the Seas. We are cruising out of Rome (Citavecchia), so its actually a port stop for us, not an embarkation point. Barcelona is the only city on the cruise that I have visited before, but it was 15 years ago, so its been awhile.

There are not many options from RC so I started looking at DIY. Was planning on booking the tour of Sagrada and then a hop on hop off, probably through Barcelona City Tour. Would also like to see the gothic cathedral too. Everything else is just gravy so to speak.

What would be the best way to do this? Since I would want to pre-book Sagrada tickets. Could we take a taxi to Sagrada, do the tour there and then pick up the HOHO bus and take it for a tour from there? Can I purchase tickets for HOHO at SF or should I pre-book those too? Or should I do it the other way, pick up the HOHO at the Columbus Monument, and then try to guess when we will get to Sagrada and book tickets for that time? Thoughts? Thanks!

Jennifer

My advice would be to take a taxi from the ship to Sagrada Familia. That way you will have more idea of what time to book your SF tickets for.

You haven't said how long your port stop is. That will determine what is best to do after visiting Sagrada Familia.

You can buy tickets on the bus for the HoHo at Sagrada Familia or you can take the metro to Passeig de Gracia and walk to the cathedral or you could take a taxi.

After the cathedral walk to Columbus monument and take the port shuttle bus back to the ship.

I would probably book my entrance to Sagrada Familia online and take a taxi in order to arrive on time. You can pick up the HOHO bus outside the SF and buy the ticket on the bus.

Having done HOHOs in many cities we thought the one in BCN good value for money. They do two main routes (3 in the summer) which take about 2 hours for the circuit of each.