Bringing a fan on board?

We take our 10", metal, electric fan with us on any road trip and have taken on our cruises. We like them for air circulation and for noise. Packed in our checked suitcases (not a carry-on) and had no problems at all. We only run them at night or when taking the occasional afternoon nap and don't leave them running when not in the room. Whatever you want it for, if you want it, take it!!! ;)

I sleep with a stand fan cranked up at home... it's more about the noise than anything, but also the air flow. On prior cruises (Carnival), we have not brought a fan of any kind with us and I've found it VERY VERY difficult to sleep. The one exception was when we had an aft balcony (before kids) and left the door open to hear the ocean breeze, coupled with the vibration from the engines or whatever was under us... We now have babies/toddlers, so leaving the door open is definitely not an option now.

Anyone know if bringing a small (5-6"??) fan on board would be allowed on RCCL out of San Juan?

I think I have my plan when we cruise next. I'm going to go to Walgreen's in port, buy a fan, stash it in my suitcase and leave it in the room when we leave. There. Done. :)

Edited by silver_cloud

I use a fan at home not only for the noise but for a mdeical condition of my feet and need it no matter where I go.... My feet turn bright red and burn withought it.... I bring a small corded fan about 7" in diameter, But if I could I'd bring a large standing fan.... If they told me no... They better supply it or i'm bed ridden on a cruise.... I deal with the day but that fan along with my small spray water fan save me alot of pain ...

We have requested a fan from the special needs dept. and had it in the cabin when we arrived. Then, we found a white noise machine that works well so we quit requesting the fan.

This might be my saving grace for my condition and will ask on my cruise... Thanks for the info...

Edited by jagmanss1

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks, all! I have a sound app, but it doesn't replace the fan.... I can't sleep without feeling the actual air move, as well, so the fan really is the way to go. I was just always afraid of it being taken. But, I guess I can get a cheapy & take my chances. :) I appreciate the links for various ones to check out.

As for the Ambien.... lol. Not a great idea when I have 2 toddlers I have to remember where I "put." :eek: :D