how do i get a shipboard credit?

tarababy18

i see many posts about shipboard credits and price adjustments... can someone help me to understand both of these? i would like to take advantage of this seeing as i could use all the money i can get because i'm a broke college student. if i see a lower price do i just call carnival and ask for an adjustment? can i do this even tho we've made the final payment? i booked thru carnival, would this be a problem? we're sailing in less then 2 weeks on destiny, is it still possible??

any info would help and be greatly appreciated!!!! :)

thank you all! :D

i just went onto carnival's site and the cruise i am sailing on is no longer available to book... i'm assuming this is going to be a problem since there is no price to compare to then, but either way, it's good info to know so i thank all in advanced :)

oh well, better luck next time...

i wish i would've known this valuable information before the cruise sold out... well, no use crying over spilled milk.. thanks for the info :)

anyone know of any other way to save money on a cruise?

oh well, better luck next time...

i wish i would've known this valuable information before the cruise sold out... well, no use crying over spilled milk.. thanks for the info :)

anyone know of any other way to save money on a cruise?

Booking with a group usually gets you a lower price and Cabin Credits!! We have $100 per cabin!!!

tarababy18 -- This idea does not help you to save money, but it will help you to budget. I order various items and send them to myself onboard -- that ways items are paid for in advance and I do not need to have a big bill when I get home. For example, I order drink coupons, soda coupons, picture coupons, even a bottle of wine -- I have the certificates sent to our room and then use them accordingly. I also put money on my sail and sign account to cover tipt and other things. Since I do this, everything is paid for ahead of time. It is just an idea...thought it might help.

Lisa,

How do you go about paying your S&S card, before you cruise, I too purchased wine, soda coupons and a few drink coupons, and would like to prepay on the S&S card. Thanks......

Call up CCL, and tell them you want to purchase funship dollars. They will ask you if you want them mailed to you, or if you would like them as a shipboard credit. I figure it is one less thing to forgot, so I have them placed as a credit.

If you want them mailed to you, here's the link http://carnival.com/BonVoyage/AddToCart.aspx?cat=GiftCertificates&pid=FSD

I have been calling Carnival for a couple weeks now and put 25 dollars a week on my s&s account.The hubby does not know i am doing this so there will be about $300 on the account when we board the ship and give them our credit card to open the account.

Michele

Booking with a group usually gets you a lower price and Cabin Credits!! We have $100 per cabin!!!

that's another great thing to know, but how many are a group?, because most of my friends don't have the money for a cruise (actually i don't either, my wonderful boyfriend paid for this one)

Archived