Spirit Cruise Med. Oct-Hotels in Venice

keg01512

Hello,

We are taking our honeymoon cruise on the Spirit to the Med. in October. I need suggestions on hotels in Venice. We are staying 1 night after the cruise to enjoy venice a bit more. We would like somewhere that isn't hard to get to from the main attractions, the port and the airport. Any other suggestions for this cruise would be great as well (what to see, how to get around, etc). We have cruised on the Spirit before but neither of us have been to Europe.

Also anyone been to the Turkey ports, we are very nervous about these so any tips/info would be appreciated!!

Thanks!

Hello,

We are taking our honeymoon cruise on the Spirit to the Med. in October. I need suggestions on hotels in Venice. We are staying 1 night after the cruise to enjoy venice a bit more. We would like somewhere that isn't hard to get to from the main attractions, the port and the airport. Any other suggestions for this cruise would be great as well (what to see, how to get around, etc). We have cruised on the Spirit before but neither of us have been to Europe.

Also anyone been to the Turkey ports, we are very nervous about these so any tips/info would be appreciated!!

Thanks!

Try Ca' Doge right at the Piazzale Roma ... basic but very convient. My husband and I stayed there in 2012 and it was fine. About to go on the Spirit in a couple of weeks and opted to stay out by the airport at Annia Park Hotel since we have one of those dreaded 7:00 AM flights and didn't want to be dragging luggage up and over bridges at 4:30 in the morning :eek:.

As for Turkey, I wouldn't worry. We have visited Istanbul multiple times and have never had a problem. Very doable DIY port if you want or private tour companies I've found have been very reasonable. Assuming you are going to Izmir as well. Again shouldn't be a problem and would recommened a tour of Ephesus at the very least. Check your roll call for your cruise. Bet you can hook up with a group for either of these ports. Hope this helps.

If it is your honeymoon, stay in Venice proper. You are going to get your best suggestions from the cruisecritic Europe, Italy, threads - and don't forget about tripadvisor for hotels - where I had a great hotel when we stayed in Venice 2 years ago (Hotel Al Codega Venice), and I can tell you tell that it was great then, tripadvisor has reviews just a few days old.

And although it is expensive, take the gondola ride - it is still a wonderful memory for us.

Hi Guys.

Firstly, congratulations.

We are also going on the Spirit in about 3 weeks time from Venice.

Last time we stayed in Venice, we stayed at a small beautiful B & B called La Locanda Diorsaria. It is pretty close to the port and train station and very easy to get around from there. It has a Voparetta stop at the end of the hotel, very short walk.

It is very efficiently run with nice rooms and a great breakfast cooked by the owner. More importantly it has great Tripadvisor reviews. It is reasonably priced for Venice. Check it out.

Cheers Bob & Chris.:)

Thanks for the responses.

We are going to both Istanbul and Esphesus. Should I be concerned about what i wear there? (pants or head dress?)

We booked excursions through NCL for both of those places.

I don't mind paying good money for a nice hotel room in Venice. Plus I've noticed that all hotel rooms there are a bit pricey. We are going to live up this honeymoon as much as we can!!!

We are definitely taking the gondola ride!! That is on my to do list for sure no matter the cost! Anything else worthy to see in Venice? We will be there 2 days.

Hi Guys.

Firstly, congratulations.

We are also going on the Spirit in about 3 weeks time from Venice.

Last time we stayed in Venice, we stayed at a small beautiful B & B called La Locanda Diorsaria. It is pretty close to the port and train station and very easy to get around from there. It has a Voparetta stop at the end of the hotel, very short walk.

It is very efficiently run with nice rooms and a great breakfast cooked by the owner. More importantly it has great Tripadvisor reviews. It is reasonably priced for Venice. Check it out.

Cheers Bob & Chris.:)

Thank you!! I will look into this place! Please send as much info as possible after your cruise!! It would be much appreciated!! :) Have fun!

Thanks for the responses.

We are going to both Istanbul and Esphesus. Should I be concerned about what i wear there? (pants or head dress?)

We booked excursions through NCL for both of those places.

I don't mind paying good money for a nice hotel room in Venice. Plus I've noticed that all hotel rooms there are a bit pricey. We are going to live up this honeymoon as much as we can!!!

We are definitely taking the gondola ride!! That is on my to do list for sure no matter the cost! Anything else worthy to see in Venice? We will be there 2 days.

If you are going to visit the Blue Mosque don't wear shorts or tank tops. As long as your shoulders and knees are covered your fine. Also women have to wear something to cover their head. I usually just pack a scarf in whatever I'm using as a purse. If you don't have your own they will provide you something, but I'd prefer my own scarf ;)