Costa Dining Allocation - HELP

stevieboy2k

Hi all

My boyfriend and I enjoyed the Costa Cruise in 2012 so much that we decided to boook another on the Costa Magica in October, but now a single friend would like to join us. We noticed there's a good rate on the costa site for a single cabin, but it's only a classic, whilst we have an allocated IP grade, meaning we have chosen a dinner sitting.

I am getting conflicting info to whether we can request that we can ensure that our friend is sat on the same table, and it does not help we booked it through a package. This means that friend could be allocated anywhere for dinner...

Is there any way we can ensure that we are sat together, or will the Maitre D' be ameniable to this when we board?

Many Thanks

Steven

You won´t be able to sort this out before your cruise if your friend is in a classic stateroom,

however once onboard check the allocated Dining and head for the Maite D' . They are usually quite accommodating...

Last year we travelled with friends that don't live in the uk. They were in a suite, and she emailed costa before we travelled with our booking number, we were travelling in an outside classic cabin, and we all got to sit together on a round table in the middle of the dining room.

Hope this helps.

Ah that's great news.., I just wonder if anyone else has had this trouble? I'm just a bit nervous about booking it for that reason...

It is at the Maitre D's discretion but, as others say, they're usually accommodating - you can ask them on the first afternoon, or at any meal time.

I've seen a few people change table and sitting times for different reasons. They try to seat people together by language, country, etc, so you may be matched anyway.

Ah that's great news.., I just wonder if anyone else has had this trouble? I'm just a bit nervous about booking it for that reason...

We usually travel in suites and never had problems getting anyone who was not in suites, assigned to our table requirements.

Just before the new premium/classic cabin came in, we were on the Magica in a balcony (not suite) - we had selected table for two late dining, which, back then, everyone could do.

Not a chance.

It took hours of crawling, backhanding, and finally hollering - to try and get our designated table. The Maitre' D'He on then was just so miserable and totally unhelpful. I think his name was Ron something - or Rod, - something short beginning with an R - Indonesian - but far from friendly.

I dont know, but I always guessed that as we had did a bit of harping on - (eh that was on top of lining back pockets) - throughout the cruise we received lousy dining room service. We did in the end get the table we wanted but hey - we paid for it and some.

I welcomed the new premium/classic option as it does present a proper choice - we shall see - giving it one more try non suite in premium balcony to see how it works out.

Is there an awful lot of difference in price between classic and premium? If not - I would choose Premium and save any hassle.

Hope you don't have the same Maitre D'he on Magica that we did :rolleyes:

Well I hope we don't get him!! Rebecca our friend has now booked a premium cabin as well 6 down from us. She has spoken to our travel agent who took our costa reference and emailed then requesting us to sit together.. So hopefully that will work! Especially as it came from the agent itself. We're not bothered about sharing the table as long as us 3 are together.

That sounds awful about the service you received Blondie. Premium for us worked out £50pp more for the cruise, and got us out of deck 1 so it was worth it for that.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Well I hope we don't get him!! Rebecca our friend has now booked a premium cabin as well 6 down from us. She has spoken to our travel agent who took our costa reference and emailed then requesting us to sit together.. So hopefully that will work! Especially as it came from the agent itself. We're not bothered about sharing the table as long as us 3 are together.

That sounds awful about the service you received Blondie. Premium for us worked out £50pp more for the cruise, and got us out of deck 1 so it was worth it for that.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Fantastic! Have a great cruise!