Norwegian Port in NYC

djnamttor

Howdy all...I'm a first timer who just booked his first cruise leaving NYC on 9/11 (great deals if you aren't scared!!!) on the Dawn for 7 days to Florida and the Bahamas. I live in Western MA and am wondering if it is best to drive right into NYC and more specifically, is there a long-term parking lot? Or should I take the train into town and over to the docks? Thanks in advance!:)

I believe you can get a bus out of Hartford as well. We took one our of Providence and it was wonderful.

Put the luggage on the bus and don't have to bother with it until it is delivered to your cabin.

Loved it!!!

Plus if it is foul weather, no need to drive, leave the driving to them.;)

Hi,

perhaps you would like to "enter" our group - somebody opened a Roll Call and we are something around 35 members....

A room for a meet and greet is confirmed...

Best regards

Wendy

djnamttor

Here is a link to the end of the roll call for your cruise :)

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?p=4359554#post4359554

I believe you can get a bus out of Hartford as well. We took one our of Providence and it was wonderful.

Put the luggage on the bus and don't have to bother with it until it is delivered to your cabin.

Loved it!!!

Plus if it is foul weather, no need to drive, leave the driving to them.;)

Thanks for the info on the bus, we will be leaving out of Providence in Feb 2006 and we plan on using this service. It is good to know someone had a good experience with it. Cant wait!!!!! Thanks again

Thanks for the info on the bus, we will be leaving out of Providence in Feb 2006 and we plan on using this service. It is good to know someone had a good experience with it. Cant wait!!!!! Thanks again

Glad I could help,

We had a great experience. We arrived at the port and the ship had not desembarked. It had a medical emergency which made it late for arrival. But, to our surprise our bus driver took us for a tour of NY. He actually parked at the ground zero site as well. (Quite moving)

In all of the times that I have been to NY I had never learned as much about the city as I did that day.

Our cruise was February also.

Enjoy!!!

We are out of Miami this coming Feb.:p

Archived