Carnival. Freedom 2.0

Glad you had a really good cruise! We leave June 1 on the Freedom and can't wait. I saw you were on the Freedom last year and was wondering if Marty Gast was in the Piano Bar then? We loved Marty and if Seth is more fun, wow?

Thanks for reporting back!!

Guys, Blue Iguana, Alchemey bar, Cherry on Top and EAS were finished. Childrens area was not open the whole cruise. Only one show with the dancers played on the last night. Red Frog pub didn't open thi Thursday night at 6.

No camp for the kids for the entire cruise????

John Heald posted a photo of the first people in the Red Frog Pub on the Freedom. Here's the pic!

10253758_740519522657278_7700187148617838137_n.jpg

Looks pretty nice! I just am wondering if it has the games like I've seen in other Red Frog Pubs.

That looks like the old cigar bar/ jazz band area in deck 4. I wonder how many people will find this area.

That looks like the old cigar bar/ jazz band area in deck 4. I wonder how many people will find this area.

Apparently they changed the location to the old Club 02 area along the promenade deck - which was a very good idea. The Cigar bar would have been a bad idea, as you mentioned, way too hard to find.

Apparently they changed the location to the old Club 02 area along the promenade deck - which was a very good idea. The Cigar bar would have been a bad idea, as you mentioned, way too hard to find.

Yes, that is correct. The Red Frog Pub is in the old Club O2 spot on Deck 5 in between the cafe and the dance club. Club O2 was moved to a conference room on Deck 4.

They have all kinds of mind teasers onn the bar. they alos have fooseball and mini shuffle board. That is all I saw but it was only open 2 evenings.

I am not sure if the Camp Carnival was in or not on our cruise. I know the area had construction material all over the area where it usually is.

Seth was really good. He did say he wouldn't be on the repo cruise . The pool are is exactly like the Conquest , Glory and valor.

According to John Heald, The Freedom received a new screen on the lido deck. Did they show movies/concerts durning the day?

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

Well if they don't soon, I will be on a B2B starting June 14th, so I promise to take pictures and post a review if someone has not done a detailed one before I go out. But someone else said they were going on the 1st of June so they will be back before I leave...

They did get a new screen. It looked very nice. They did play Movies and concerts on the screen. They had a little audio problems they had to work out but by the end everything worked fine.

I was not on the Freedom last year so I am not sure about Marty. Seth is a very talented player. You will enjoy him. The place was packed every night. Standing room only most nights.

We are just off the Freedom today.

Two production shows were just okay. Other nights were Love and Marriage, and a comedian/something every other night, (juggler, ventriloquist (sp?), magician).

Pool looks improved to me...hot tubs are now separate and on the next deck up. Slide was down everyday but the first one, I think. They were painting/sealing it while we were docked in San Juan and another day...could smell the paint quite a bit by the pool. They were still working on it this morning...not sure if they were fixing it or improving it in some way.

They showed movies every night on the big screen outdoors...Gravity, Frozen, Moneyball, The Lego Movie, Monument Men, The Vow. Probably a few more.

Piano player was great...he takes requests on the sing-a-long nights. He has a basketball hoop set up on his piano for tips for those requests, so bring cash if you want to make a request. And get there early if you want to be directly around his revolving piano.

Food was good. Not sure if it was American Table or not. They had choices for everyday and changes each night. Lots of entertainment by the wait staff each night, which was fun. Fish and chips is still in the buffet area, as well as Mongolian. Didn't see the Trandori.

Lots of construction still going on -- around the kids area as well as toward the back/port side of the ship. Not sure what's going on back there.

Still had the DJ playing pool side...didn't love that. Can't wait until they go back to live band at the pool. Makes such a difference on a Caribbean cruise. After the DJ, they had the guitar player at 4pm by the pool each day.

It was incredibly windy the first two sea days, ship was rocking pretty good. And we did get quite a bit of rain throughout the week...but all in all, a good cruise.

Sorry, I don't have any pics.

Thanks for the update!

I am sorry to lose the tandoori grill but, I am also soooo looking forward to the blue iguana cantina:)

I have quite a few months to go yet before my cruise, but am just so excited about it now. Thanks again for the update.

Has anyone received any word when the kids club will re open and what are they doing with the kids while it's closed. We sail June 1. I sure hope it's open by then.

Sent from my iPad using Forums