Sign and Sail Card

lindabelll

I'm sharing a cabin with a girlfriend. Can we each have our own credit cards attached to our own sign and sail cards. Seems it would be easier than having to figure out who spent what at the end of the trip? Also, can one apply cash to the card? And what happens if you don't spend all the cash you have applied? I know when applying it to a credit card it just gets credited back, but I was wondering about the cash....thanks so much for the great info on these threads.

That's tough to say. So much depends on how much you plan to drink & bingo and on how long your cruise is. I guess $50 to $75 per day? I think there may actually be a fixed amount they require.

I've never done cash deposits. I give them a credit card and all the charges go there.

That's the easiest. I understand some people are hesitant to give out their cards.

I have no problem giving them a CC number. I thought they automatically attach 200.00 to the card. Our cruise is a 7 day cruise, moderate drinking, bingo, probably some gifts, maybe a spa treatment. I don't want to limit myself to the degree that I'm nickle and dimeing (sp) everything I want to do.

And if you have any cash left over on your card, please just forward it to Astronomer care of these boards and I will gladly spend it for you. :rolleyes:

LOL....no problem Astronomer, except I'm gonna need it for next years cruise.

If you give them a CC, nothing is billed to it until your trip is over. If you want to use cash, what I have done is give them a CC when you check in, and on the last full day, go to the pursers desk and pay your bill in cash or TC. This leaves whatever you charge that night, usually a small amount, billed to the CC.

I have no problem giving them a CC number. I thought they automatically attach 200.00 to the card. Our cruise is a 7 day cruise, moderate drinking, bingo, probably some gifts, maybe a spa treatment. I don't want to limit myself to the degree that I'm nickle and dimeing (sp) everything I want to do.

I guess that is one reason we prefer the CC route. I don't have to worry about limits. DW sees something in the shops she wants or decides to do extra at the spa, it's covered. To me cruises are all about leaving the details to someone else and relaxing.

I am new to the boards and don't quite get the S&S cards, I assume you give them a credit card (CC?) and they will bill whatever you charge on the S&S on it? I like to know exactly what I am dealing with so I had to ask the ...dumb question...:)

I was told it is 250 pp cash deposit on the card - then they will actually page you over the intercom if it gets to be more then that. With the S&S on the TV now in the room you can just keep watch nightly and go apply more when needed.

I too use a CC as it is easier then checking everynight and making sure I do not go over.

A deposit (ranging from $100 to $350 depending on cruise duration) will be required for cash accounts.

Children are not given a folio number to charge anything to the account - so there should be no deposit required - they just get a room key.

Archived