Santorini by rental car

Fran,

I also experienced the same. According to his info his office is only 150m away from the cable and 2-3min walking, it's more like twice that distance. I don't recall exactly how long did it take us to walk, but certainly it was less than 10min. Slightly uphill but nothing to worry about if you can walk normally.

I didn't see any other operator nearer to the cable.

We didn't set up our rental ahead of time, we just walked to the rental place, picked out a jeep and were on our way. There were a lot of car places, I don't think you'll have a problem getting a car/jeep/scooter for the day. We didn't get to Santorini until the afternoon because we did the volcano/hotsprings tour in the morning and went back to the cruise ship and changed into dry clothes and there were still vehicles left for us to rent.

Hi,

We are going to Santorini in October and we will be on the island on my husband's 50th birthday! :) I am trying to plan something very special for him. We really don't like tours, but we do like to rent our own cars and explore. We also were thinking of doing the volcano/hotsprings tour (if that is the one that you can go swimming on).

What is your opinion? Did you have enough time to do it all? He wants to take pictures of the white houses with blue roofs. Is that in Oia and can you do the excursion and go to Oia in one day?

We will be in port from 8:00 am to 9:00 pm.

I would love anyone's opinion - I really want to make the day special!

Thanks for your help!

We have a van rented in Santorini for our trip in October. The van is Category F1 with 7 seats. E60 – 15% internet discount from Kosmos. Email: drivein@otenet.gr Website from www.santorini.com, then click on lower left hand column that shows car rentals. When you arrive to Santorini, you need to take the cable car up and give them a call. Tony's did not have a van. He was able to offer us 2 cars at 25E each, but we preferrred a van!:cool:

This was the volcano information I found: : ferry to volcano (Palea Kameni & Nea Kameni) & swim in warm muddy water in afternoon via local tourist offices by port. Cruise tour = $46 (includes RT tram) in am; pm E35 4 hr (excluding tram), or use the locals E15 (excluding tram. QD 11 – 14:00 or 14 – 17 Pelican Travel. www.pelican.gr There were mixed reviews from some cruisecritic reviewers. They stated that the water was only wram and it turned your swimsuit brown! :mad:

We have a van rented in Santorini for our trip in October. The van is Category F1 with 7 seats. E60 – 15% internet discount from Kosmos. Email: drivein@otenet.gr Website from www.santorini.com, then click on lower left hand column that shows car rentals. When you arrive to Santorini, you need to take the cable car up and give them a call. Tony's did not have a van. He was able to offer us 2 cars at 25E each, but we preferrred a van!:cool:

This was the volcano information I found: : ferry to volcano (Palea Kameni & Nea Kameni) & swim in warm muddy water in afternoon via local tourist offices by port. Cruise tour = $46 (includes RT tram) in am; pm E35 4 hr (excluding tram), or use the locals E15 (excluding tram. QD 11 – 14:00 or 14 – 17 Pelican Travel. www.pelican.gr There were mixed reviews from some cruisecritic reviewers. They stated that the water was only wram and it turned your swimsuit brown! :mad:

YAC....would love to here from you when you get back. I'm also thinking about renting a van but concerned about parking. Thanks, Renee

Archived