Silver Box - When????

sunnitimes

When, in advance of the cruise, is the famous Silver Box supposed to arrive?

And does that come from our TA or Silverseas directly?

Have seen nothing yet and our first cruise is in mid-June.

Thanks for any advice/help given.

We are on the Discoverer on June 12... the box arrived a couple of days ago by Fedex Overnight from Italy and the luggage tags say "printed in Italy". I wonder if that is due to cost reasons or whether more Silversea adminstration is being centralized. Now all we need is our Russian visas... there was apparently a mistake on our invitation letter which is causing a delay but we are assured Silversea is getting that corrected.

We are on the Discoverer on June 12... the box arrived a couple of days ago by Fedex Overnight from Italy and the luggage tags say "printed in Italy". I wonder if that is due to cost reasons or whether more Silversea adminstration is being centralized. Now all we need is our Russian visas... there was apparently a mistake on our invitation letter which is causing a delay but we are assured Silversea is getting that corrected.

Why the surprise,it's an Italian company owned by Italians.

I know it's an Italian company but the silver boxes on our previous cruises originated in the US... hence my surprise also bearing in mind that FedEx overnight from Italy must cost significantly more than US domestic.

Yes we had the invitation letters and sent them to Pinnacle with all the other required papers. Not sure what was wrong but Pinnacle said some defect in the letters had to be corrected.