Dream Upgrade to Spa Question

I am currently booked on the Lido Deck (Balcony) on the Dream and have the opportunity to upgrade to Deck 11, room 11261 (Starboard Side) with Spa ammenities for free.

Anyone know if this room is ok as far as noise? Does it have a covered Balcony? Just want to check first before making a decision. Never been on the Dream before and we leave May 18.

Help is greatly appreciated!

I am going on the Dream after you in AUgust. But I will tell you I love the spa. I love the heated loungers and the therallaspy pool (sp?) We use it every day.

We are in a balcony in cabin 11225.

Enjoy your cruise!

Kathy

I believe all balcony cabins on deck 11 have a cover, however if you are moving to this deck just for the spa ammenities I do not believe that cabin 11261 is a spa cabin. Check before you pay extra for it.

The location is good as you will have cabins above and below you; however, the other posters are correct--this is a regular balcony, not one of the Cloud 9 Spa balconies. Is this a special rate you are booking that allows you free spa access without the spa cabin? Sometimes you get a rate that allows for perks like these.

:)After about an hour on the phone the person I talked to earlier this morning apparently did not know what he was talking about... I called to take him up on the free upgrade with spa, ended up getting a different guy (Called the extension the person earlier gave to me to book the offer directly through him :rolleyes:) The new guy said that I couldnt get that room with the spa and he said let me talk to a supervisor.. I said ok.. On hold 10 minutes.. He gets back on and says Ok I got you booked on deck 12, I said no I dont want deck 12 because it doesnt have a covered balcony I want deck 11 if possible. So.. On hold for another 15 minutes he comes back and says ok I got you on deck 11 and I said great and I asked if it came with the spa amenites and he said no.. I said that was the whole purpose was to get the spa pass.... uuuughh... I said just put me back on the lido deck where I was at...he put me on hold for anther 20 minutes and said ok I got you in room 11243 with spa ammenities... I said are you sure.. he said yes I promise. The supervisor approved it and you are good to go.......

So I proceed to print my boarding pass but it does not say anything about having spa amenities (I dont know if they do) so I called him back and he said I assure you that you have it. I said well can you send me a email to confirm that he said there is not really anything I can send... I said well.. ok then.. if you say I do then I do. :confused::rolleyes:

Sure hope so :)

Good choice. It is a spa cabin. If you do a mock booking it will show "good choice that is a spa cabin". My docs don't say anything either but I have my original paperwork that says the a over wording. You will have a great time

Kathy

I have a Spa Balcony booked and my boarding documents don't have anything about the spa amenities printed on them either. If you look at the deck plans 11243 is clearly marked as a spa cabin. You are on the Starboard side with cabins above and below you. The only consistent problems reported with noise are from the Port Side Deck 11 Spa cabins that are directly underneath the gym area.

Yes, that one is a spa cabin :) We have interior spa cabins 11224 and 11228 for December. The odd numbered cabins are best on deck 11, as the gym is over the even numbered cabins, which I didn't know when we booked. :( Our cabins look like they are right at the very edge, so I am just hoping it isn't too bad.

Yes, that one is a spa cabin :) We have interior spa cabins 11224 and 11228 for December. The odd numbered cabins are best on deck 11, as the gym is over the even numbered cabins, which I didn't know when we booked. :( Our cabins look like they are right at the very edge, so I am just hoping it isn't too bad.

If you look at the deck plans using CruiseDeckPlans and their drag the decks feature (lining up the elevator/stairs), one of your cabins is almost all the way under the gym and the other is over halfway under it. I would keep an eye on the open cabins and see if I could move to other cabins that wouldn't be under the gym. maybe others will open up close to final payment date.

Christy,

Did you pay anything to upgrade to Spa cabin. I remember reading on another post a while back, if you get free upgrade you will not get the Spa access (Thermal suite and Thal. pool).

Yes, that information was on the GoCCL page but the last time I tried to access it they had changed it so that you must have a log on to get to that information now.

If you look at the deck plans using CruiseDeckPlans and their drag the decks feature (lining up the elevator/stairs), one of your cabins is almost all the way under the gym and the other is over halfway under it. I would keep an eye on the open cabins and see if I could move to other cabins that wouldn't be under the gym. maybe others will open up close to final payment date.

The spa cabins are already completely sold out, and there are only 2 insides that will accommodate the number of people we need in one of them. I keep checking , but I'm not all that hopeful. Ha!

Christy,

Did you pay anything to upgrade to Spa cabin. I remember reading on another post a while back, if you get free upgrade you will not get the Spa access (Thermal suite and Thal. pool).

I didnt have to pay anything for it. I called and asked if I could recieve OBC but couldnt and they offered the spa upgrade. At first it was a no I couldn't get the spa access but then the supervisor approved it.

The spa cabins are already completely sold out, and there are only 2 insides that will accommodate the number of people we need in one of them. I keep checking , but I'm not all that hopeful. Ha!

I leave on the Dream on Sunday :D If I can remember I will take a look at the gym and see what type of equipment is on that side of the room. You may not have a problem at all. If you do I would go to Guest Services and lodge a complaint so they can add it to the long list of others. Maybe if enough complain they will figure out a way to add some insulation between the two on the next drydock.

I didnt have to pay anything for it. I called and asked if I could recieve OBC but couldnt and they offered the spa upgrade. At first it was a no I couldn't get the spa access but then the supervisor approved it.

I would get them to email you something stating that and take a copy of it onboard with you. Those on the ship may not get that information.

On a different ship I was upgraded to a spa balcony from an inside guarantee. I too had read on these boards that if you didn't pay for the upgrade you didn't get the amenities.

Not true on my sailing. A letter was in my door mailbox giving all the details on when to pick up my spa pass.

It's not the first time I'd experienced incorrect information from these boards. 🍸

Influenced by Martinis, read with caution

I would get them to email you something stating that and take a copy of it onboard with you. Those on the ship may not get that information.

I asked for a email but there was nothing other than a guarantee that I would have the spa pass.

On a different ship I was upgraded to a spa balcony from an inside guarantee. I too had read on these boards that if you didn't pay for the upgrade you didn't get the amenities.

Not true on my sailing. A letter was in my door mailbox giving all the details on when to pick up my spa pass.

It's not the first time I'd experienced incorrect information from these boards.

Influenced by Martinis, read with caution

It isn't incorrect information from these boards but inconsistency with what you might receive on the different ships. I am one who has posted that information, copied and pasted directly from GoCCL.com, their booking site that is used by travel agents. It was very clearly stated there that if upgraded into the cabin with no fee that you are not entitled to any of the Spa benefits. The site has since been locked down and requires a password to access.

• 2 weeks later...

Can anyone tell me what might be in the blank space next to room 12202 spa balcony? They tell me these are quiet rooms and is there no overhang at all on this deck? Thanks ;)

also it says the 1st and 2nd guests are allowed the amenities of the spa but does it matter who get the bands as there will be four in this room or do they go by the way the guests are listed on the itinerary? Have never had anything up this high or or this forward so I don't know a lot about these rooms. Sure hope it wasn't a mistake, I know the gym is near but not over the rooms it looks like it's a deck looking at the deck plans on Carnival. sure hope someone can answer these questions as there seems to be a lot of cruisers that like these rooms.

Thank again..;)

Edited by Granny1

Can anyone tell me what might be in the blank space next to room 12202 spa balcony? They tell me these are quiet rooms and is there no overhang at all on this deck? Thanks ;)

also it says the 1st and 2nd guests are allowed the amenities of the spa but does it matter who get the bands as there will be four in this room or do they go by the way the guests are listed on the itinerary? Have never had anything up this high or or this forward so I don't know a lot about these rooms. Sure hope it wasn't a mistake, I know the gym is near but not over the rooms it looks like it's a deck looking at the deck plans on Carnival. sure hope someone can answer these questions as there seems to be a lot of cruisers that like these rooms.

Thank again..;)

No overhang. I have visited the Dream's 12202. I made friends with a family on my 2010 cruise, and they had 12202 & 12204. They totally loved it. They weren't too crazy about the no overhang and people able to see onto the balcony, but it wasn't really a problem. Only at sailaway do people hang out on the sides there. There are a few deck chairs above, and when slides are running, some of the people will use that area to head back up to the waterslides. I didn't hear any complaints about what might have been in that blank space, so that's probably no concern either. They loved how close it was to get out to the waterslide area and the deck chairs on deck 12.

That area looked to me to be an office/rest area for the spa staff. I saw them going in and out of there from the spa check in desk. The arm band they give you is elastic. I only put mine on when I wanted to go use the spa. I can't say for sure if pax 3 & 4 could be able to get in. They take your sea pass card at the spa desk and give you a white spa pass card. You need it to access the restricted spa areas. Don't recall if they check your sea pass in the computer to see if you are pax 1 & 2.

We had 12211 and there was a little overhang so people can't look directly down and see your entire balcony. They can see your feet if you put them up on the railing and probably about to mid-thigh, but that's about it. If I was to book a spa room again (which I would in a NY minute) I would move forward about two cabins. Then you are under an upper deck area that is glassed in so nobody can lean over.

We loved the spa deck it was like being on your own private yacht. Except for going to meals we seldom left the spa deck and serenity deck.