Atlantis Celebrity Silhouette Feb 2015

sfgoguy

Can't find another Thread, yet, on this cruise - so, thought I'd start one to supplement the FaceBook group.

Understand it's already 50% sold-out 10-months before sailing! Should be a fun cruise with 3 Sea Days. And the time of year is perfect for escaping to a warmer climate.

See you guys onboard...or in Ft. L pre-cruise. :)

Opted for an Ocean View cabin with an unusually large (relatively speaking) floor plan: Deck 8 forward. A NYC friend might join me, but I'm prepared to sail solo.

I do like Atlantis's product. Come on and join us, again. :)

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
Will be going back in 2015 after missing 2014! Can't wait! Going with a regular group of friends and I miss them terribly!!!

See you in Feb (or earlier if you're staying pre-cruise in Ft.L) :)

See you in Feb (or earlier if you're staying pre-cruise in Ft.L) :)

So it looks like this is going to be your first Atlantis 'Party Cruise' to the Carib!!! We have a great time! My friends from the UK are coming to here to Orlando pre-cruise so they can visit Universal and take in the new Harry Potter stuff so we will probably go to FLL the morning of the cruise. One other in the group is here as well. Not sure yet what the others will be up to. :)

Hey guys! Johnathan from Toronto here, just booked onto deck 10 with my friend Tyson from Houston. My second Atlantis cruise and his first cruise ever, talk about going in head first eh?! Very excited to start planning :) lots to decide!

So it looks like this is going to be your first Atlantis 'Party Cruise' to the Carib!!! We have a great time! My friends from the UK are coming to here to Orlando pre-cruise so they can visit Universal and take in the new Harry Potter stuff so we will probably go to FLL the morning of the cruise. One other in the group is here as well. Not sure yet what the others will be up to. :)

Did the March '14 Caribbean cruise, but this will be my first February one with Atlantis. Understand the February ones are "festive" - but all Atlantis cruises are festive. And I love the Solstice Class ships.

See you guys onboard. Deck 8 here. :)

Just received the mass email from Atlantis marketing their autumn '14 and winter '15 cruises. Notably absent was a reference to the Silhouette/Caribbean cruise in Feb. Another sign that it's nearly sold-out? I'd bet on it. A very good sign of good times to come. Cheers! ;)

Hey everyone I'm Lenny. So I'm in the Air Force and decided to take my first vacation since joining the service. This will be my first cruise and first all gay anything (never even been to a pride festival)! I'll be going solo so I'm kind of nervous. As far as the Roommate Share Match Program, is it cheaper to do that and is it worth it? I'm buying my ticket payday (in 3 days) so I hope to hear more from y'all. I was thinking having my own room would be nice if I meet someone I like. Also, what should I bring? What does everyone wear? Anything at all to help a first time cruisers experience to be more enjoyable will be greatly appreciated! Thanks in advance and I can't wait to make some new friends and have a great time :)

Edited by Weatherman24

Hey everyone I'm Lenny. So I'm in the Air Force and decided to take my first vacation since joining the service. This will be my first cruise and first all gay anything (never even been to a pride festival)! I'll be going solo so I'm kind of nervous. As far as the Roommate Share Match Program, is it cheaper to do that and is it worth it? I'm buying my ticket payday (in 3 days) so I hope to hear more from y'all. I was thinking having my own room would be nice if I meet someone I like. Also, what should I bring? What does everyone wear? Anything at all to help a first time cruisers experience to be more enjoyable will be greatly appreciated! Thanks in advance and I can't wait to make some new friends and have a great time :)

...where do I begin?

Great that you'll be joining ~3,000 guys (and a few gals) for the cruise, Lenny. I've done the Roommate Share once (early-on in my Atlantis experience) and it was OK. But, it is a gamble. The only "match" filter is smoking/non-smoking (and, of course, men with men). I prefer to sail w/ a friend or have a solo cabin. For February, I'm in a solo cabin for just the reason you mention: if I want to entertain I don't have to be concerned about inconveniencing a roommate. Or vice-versa.

Attire is very casual all day. Bathing suits/shorts everywhere. Dinner in the interior dining venues does require a shirt (no tank tops) and most guys wear shoes (not flip/flops). But, if you're dining outside on deck, wear whatever you want. And, of course, there's 24-hour room service for no additional charge. When you leave the ship for excursions - if you so choose - if there's any unusual dress code for your destination, they'll advise you. (Some excursions to religious shrines, for example, might require long pants and no tank tops. Some zipline or hiking excursions might require appropriate shoes. You get the idea.)

You should YouTube "Atlantis Cruises" or something similar and see a few videos of everyday cruise life as well as the evening parties. Each evening party has a theme and many bring costumes befitting the theme. There is always a White Party with many in underwear and other revealing outfits. Atlantis will announce a couple of weeks in advance of sailing what the theme parties are so you can plan accordingly. But, costumes are not necessary to enjoy the parties.

Another tip: frequent Atlantis cruisers often decorate their cabin doors. Some are humorous, some very elaborate, some very simple with just a dry-erase message board. Of course, nothing that would damage the door or be considered X-rated. The crew have to pass those doors 24/7!

Watch this site as the time nears and you'll get more first-timer tips. And there's a FaceBook group for this cruise, too: Atlantis Silhouette Caribbean Cruise 1-8 February 2015. Lots more posting there about cruise stuff.

It's a fun time. Know you'll be "hooked" like the rest of us. Cheers!:)

Edited by sfgoguy

...where do I begin?

Great that you'll be joining ~3,000 guys (and a few gals) for the cruise, Lenny. I've done the Roommate Share once (early-on in my Atlantis experience) and it was OK. But, it is a gamble. The only "match" filter is smoking/non-smoking (and, of course, men with men). I prefer to sail w/ a friend or have a solo cabin. For February, I'm in a solo cabin for just the reason you mention: if I want to entertain I don't have to be concerned about inconveniencing a roommate. Or vice-versa.

Attire is very casual all day. Bathing suits/shorts everywhere. Dinner in the interior dining venues does require a shirt (no tank tops) and most guys wear shoes (not flip/flops). But, if you're dining outside on deck, wear whatever you want. And, of course, there's 24-hour room service for no additional charge. When you leave the ship for excursions - if you so choose - if there's any unusual dress code for your destination, they'll advise you. (Some excursions to religious shrines, for example, might require long pants and no tank tops. Some zipline or hiking excursions might require appropriate shoes. You get the idea.)

You should YouTube "Atlantis Cruises" or something similar and see a few videos of everyday cruise life as well as the evening parties. Each evening party has a theme and many bring costumes befitting the theme. There is always a White Party with many in underwear and other revealing outfits. Atlantis will announce a couple of weeks in advance of sailing what the theme parties are so you can plan accordingly. But, costumes are not necessary to enjoy the parties.

Another tip: frequent Atlantis cruisers often decorate their cabin doors. Some are humorous, some very elaborate, some very simple with just a dry-erase message board. Of course, nothing that would damage the door or be considered X-rated. The crew have to pass those doors 24/7!

Watch this site as the time nears and you'll get more first-timer tips. And there's a FaceBook group for this cruise, too: Atlantis Silhouette Caribbean Cruise 1-8 February 2015. Lots more posting there about cruise stuff.

It's a fun time. Know you'll be "hooked" like the rest of us. Cheers!:)

Buying my ticket tomorrow! Any easy ideas for decorating my door? I wanna make sure I buy the stuff for it so I don't forget

Buying my ticket tomorrow! Any easy ideas for decorating my door? I wanna make sure I buy the stuff for it so I don't forget

Most folks decorate with "selfie" pix so you easily know who's in the cabin. Some have Gay Pride-type decorations (I've even seen strands of twinkling lights!). Some have home city/country pix or flags. Some have dry-erase message boards. Most have a combination.

Mine is a message board and a magnetic poster (some ships have metal cabin doors) with scenes of San Francisco and me. (Ordered online from VistaPrint using selfie pix I have taken and city pix found online.) Be sure to bring Removable Indoor Mounting Squares (available at most all hardware stores) in case the doors are not metal.

Keep us posted as you book your cabin. Cheers! ;)

Edited by sfgoguy

...just heard from a friend on the Med cruise on the Equinox (older sister to our Silhouette) - magnets work on the cabin doors. Of course, you can still use the double sided mounting squares, too.

Cheers, guys! :)

And, Lenny - glad you'll be joining us. It's never a dull moment, unless you so choose. ;)

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

From the website, there are only 2 Open cabin categories and 3 Limited. Looks as if we'll be a sell-out, guys.

Getting excited, now, and beginning the packing/door decoration/trick card preparations!

Anyone staying in Ft. L at the Worthington complex pre-cruise? Let's chat. :)

From the website, there are only 2 Open cabin categories and 3 Limited. Looks as if we'll be a sell-out, guys.

Getting excited, now, and beginning the packing/door decoration/trick card preparations!

Anyone staying in Ft. L at the Worthington complex pre-cruise? Let's chat. :)

There will be quite a bit of passengers staying at Worthington complex.

• 2 months later...
Sfgoguy: I started a doc on the fb group. It's a list of those staying at Worthington pre-cruise. Are you on the list or should I add you??

Been off this site a while, LtDang. Just seeing your post. I did see the FB Group Doc and am on it: Cabin 8106.

Cruise is sold-out and should be a lot of fun with 3 At-Sea-Days (and T-dances). Can't wait to see entertainer list.

For those arriving in FtL early and staying at The Worthington complex, let's chat and connect pre-cruise.

Cheers, all! :)