Cabin selection on Radiance "hump"

Hi All,

I'm sailing on Radiance of the Seas for the first time next Spring (first time on RCI as well) and need some advice or opinions on cabins. There are many available on deck 9 around what I've seen called the "hump" of the ship, and these seem to have bigger balconies than other verandah category cabins. I'm particularly interested in 9576 or 9092 and wondering if anyone has personal feedback. 9092 looks to have the bigger of the two balconies, but I'm more interested in being on the right side for views during this Pacific Coast itinerary. All help and suggestions are appreciated!

Thanks...

• 3 weeks later...

Hello...We are also staying in a hump cabin on the Radiance. We sail on December 11th and this will be our 14th cruise, but first in a hump cabin. We have done almost every type of room except the hump.

We were told that one of the two best cabins on the Radiance was 9078, so that is the one we will be in. People that have stayed in this cabin have told us that it has the largest hump cabin balcony out of all the hump cabins. They also told us that we only have one side of our balcony with other people next to use for even more privacy, while the other side of our balcony has a solid wall because it is near the elevators. They also indicated that ou cabin sticks out far above the water so we can see down into the water and out on both sides, but people cannot see into our balcony.

Hopefully all of this is true, but I would assume so, because on an earlier post about a month ago, I asked the same question about what hump cabin was the best on the Radiance. I was told by almost everyone that 9078 was the best, unless we wanted a D-1 room at the back end of the ship which I think cabin 1100 was mentioned as another sensational cabin because the balcony was so big and you can see so much from the back end of the ship.

I assume you will make your decision before we cruise on December 11th. If you do, let me know your room number, and we can possibly at least see how the balcony looks while the ship is in port and let you know. Otherwise, we will be posting a review of our cruise and of course our cabin number 9078.

Hope this helps a bit. Good Luck on whatever decision you make. You will love this ship no matter what room you decide to get.

Regards,

Dave

We were in 9580 {Alaska cruise} and we loved it. At the time we felt that we wouldn't want anything further out from the center of the hump because of the angle of the balcony. Although they may be bigger, You lose some of your privacy. 9282- 9588 on the center of the hump would be my first choice. 9580 was just barely angled so our privacy was not compromised. Just my opinion. Hope it helps.

I've posted before about this cabin and will be staying in it for the third time next month. It IS the biggest balcony of all the hump cabins. Check out deck plans...1100 aft is about the same. 9078 is curved like a horseshoe.

It is very private as there are no cabins to the left and no obstructions. It is also right near the elevator..no noise either.

Forgot to add...9078 is also port side...another plus.

(You get to watch people running back to the ship!!)

Honestly, unless I was doing a suite, I wouldn't cruise on Radiance class unless 9078 is available.

WE had 9078 on the Brilliance and were THRILLED with this cabin. It's central to everything and you have a larger balcony.

On our upcoming Jewel cruise, we've decided to try one of the afts (8172) so we'll see how that goes!

Archived