JFK to/from Barcelona Summer 2006

Snackdaddy

Greetings,

We're booked on the 6/28/06 Brilliance out of Barcelona. Most of the airlines are not accepting reservations this far in advance, however, Lufthansa is currently offering $1324 :eek: including taxes and British Airways is offering $990 :( including taxes and fees. Should we go with 1) RCI's $999.00 air/sea package which includes transfers, 2) go with British Airways, or 3) wait for when the rest of the airlines start accepting reservations? :confused:

Please advise. Thanks much.

This is my opinion. Looks like to me the airfares are on the high side. I would set a date of say October 10th and see if a reasonable airfare shows up by that time. I did a quick check on Side Step and saw a $857 into Barcelona from JFK. I know for a fact that at the end of this month the discounted airfares usually kick in. You should see $699 to $825 by that time. Keep an eye on the type of aircraft you will be traveling on and how much time between flights if there are any transfers. Good luck Tim

Generally you can cancel cruise air anytime up to final payment so I would book RCI's air as a fall back and then monitor air prices. If you find a good price you can book it and cancel the RCI air. We did that for the Brilliance transatlantic this fall because RCI's air was $300 less than what I could find elsewhere. Then, when I checked a consolidator mentioned on this board, I found that I could save another $300 per person by booking through them.

Archived