Two questions: Braids and Pictures onboard

Travel Lover

I have two questions. On other boats we have been on they have packages where you can pay a couple hundred dollars and get EVERY picture they take of your family. Does Disney do that as well? I am guessing that since they know everyone wants their pictures that they do not do that instead make you buy them individually. If so how much are they? Anyone remember?

Also, I read somewhere, I think, that they do hair braiding on Castaway Caye. Is that correct? Last time we did my daughter's hair in Cozumel but I do not want to do that this time and her scalp burn on the other sun days. I thought it would be easier to do it the last day on Cast. C. if they do it there. I bet it is higher in price though. We are doing the double dip Cast. C so I can check out the price when we go there first and compare it to Cozumel as well.

Thank you,

Sandra

DCL doesn't have an unlimited photo plan, but does offer package deals as a small savings. I think it's 10 pictures for $90, 20 pictures for $175 and 30 pictures for $250. Something like that and these are only the 6 X 8 pictures, it doesn't include the 8 X 10 sizes and those are $20 each. The usual price for the 6 X 8's is $10 each. As for the braids, the prices charged either by DCL on the ship or on Castaway Cay are the same. They will be MUCH more than by any person in Cozumel. Expect to pay at least double to have it done by DCL than by a person in Cozumel.

On the Wonder last Sept. we stood in the heat under the tarps in the Bahamas for my daughter to get her hair done.. It was a $ 1.00 per braid.. She had 37 of them.

Only to get back on the ship and on deck 9 they had women doing it for the same price... LOL

In the salon it is more expensive but on port days it was available on deck 9

enjoy your cruise :)

Thank you for letting me know. Quite expensive but I know I want them badly so will start saving up now.

Can you copy the pictures or do they have a copyright on them? Can I make

Christmas cards out of them or do I have to get a release form? Anyone tried for a release form yet? IF so who do I need to ask for one?

YOu can get a release, all you have to do is email the company and they will send you the release. We do it every year.

As for the braids, my DDfriend, had her hair braided on CC, they can put larger or smaller braids in, it depends on how much you want to spend. She opted for smalled, it cost her $100! It did look cute though.

Hi Everyone I wanted to share what we do with DD for braids. I take her to a local beauty school and would have her whole head done for $20...now I know it isn't the same as having it done on the ship but it is a fraction of the cost.

• 2 weeks later...
Thank you for letting me know. Quite expensive but I know I want them badly so will start saving up now.

Can you copy the pictures or do they have a copyright on them? Can I make

Christmas cards out of them or do I have to get a release form? Anyone tried for a release form yet? IF so who do I need to ask for one?

The pictures are copyrighted but you can order Christmas cards on the ship. We picked out our favorite on the last day and had them done. They were ready by that night. We did a picture package. the nice thing is that you can upgrade or downgrade. The packages came in 10, 15, and 20. If you bought one and found out you needed a less or more pkg, you could change it. The Christmas cards were 25/$25.00 and 50/ for $45.00 (I think). These were the prices on the July West Coast Cruise so I would assume it is the same on the East Coast.

Archived