please check my two day itinerary, suggestions, advice?

chanpion13

we have two days in bermuda. i am the head planner for 6 people. is this too crazy of a schedule? am i doing this wrong?

so far our itinerary is...

day 1

- get to port at 9am

- get scooters

- ride around and visit beaches

- visit the zoo

- visit the crystal caves

- visit downtown

- visit local food and things

- jet ski

- go clubbing at club aqua or the best club?

day 2

- go on a glass boat excursion.

- go back to port at 5pm

Questions:

• are all in your group experienced on motorcycles/motorscooters?
  • when you wrote 'ride around and visit beaches', where will you go and for how long, and does the visit to the beaches include swimming, snorkeling, or sunbathing?
  • when you wrote 'visit the crystal caves', are you planning on visiting both caves?
  • when you wrote 'visit downtown', do you mean Hamilton, or maybe St George?
  • what exactly do you mean when you wrote 'visit local food and things'?
  • have you booked a jet ski tour; if so, at what time?
  • when you wrote 'go clubbing at club aqua or the best club' is club aqua on the cruise ship or are you looking for something local?

IMHO, even with motorscooters, day one is too full. Do you have any must dos?

SBtS

hi! first, thanks for reply. i have answered it below:

are all in your group experienced on motorcycles/motorscooters?

generally yes. we've cruised before in the bahamas, and while we find driving on the other side of the road a bit unsettling still, we get used to it within a mile or two.

when you wrote 'ride around and visit beaches', where will you go and for how long, and does the visit to the beaches include swimming, snorkeling, or sunbathing?

we specifically only planned to maybe wade a bit in the water and perhaps a little sunbathing. three of the six of us can't swim. they said they'll bring their arm floaties with them but i don't really trust them as they could get carried out into sea by a strong wave.

when you wrote 'visit the crystal caves', are you planning on visiting both caves?

we planned on visiting both caves and the zoo. to be honest we have no clue how big the zoo or caves are or how long they take to go through.

when you wrote 'visit downtown', do you mean Hamilton, or maybe St George?

i feel a bit stupid, thinking there was one downtown area like cancun or nassau. i am totally unfamiliar with the island. whichever is the main one? maybe this can be split into day two?

what exactly do you mean when you wrote 'visit local food and things'?

i think i meant more of the above, like downtown, things to shop, local fare to eat.

have you booked a jet ski tour; if so, at what time?

we haven't booked one yet! someone was kind enough to send a link. i wasn't sure if this really required an advance reservation? or if there were tons of operators who just took money on the spot and didn't need a reservation.

when you wrote 'go clubbing at club aqua or the best club' is club aqua on the cruise ship or are you looking for something local?

club aqua is apparently some bumping club at snorkel park beach. i'm not sure what to expect... like sword eaters and fire jugglers or girls in mini skirts. either works.

i would love to push some of this stuff off on day two since we're only really planning a glass boat excursion, so maybe the downtown visit could be done then? the reason i crammed everything into day one was because we had scooters then.

would suggest everyone in your group read the post titled - Big Mike's Guide - Should You Rent a Scooter in Bermuda. Lotsa of good info there.

Some general info – the last tour of the caves start at 4:30PM. If you are to do both caves, I would plan on being there for 3:30PM. The tour of each caves takes about 45 minutes. The caves are not linked, so you have to exit one cave before starting on the second cave. The caves do not have elelvators. The last admission to the Bermuda Aquarium Museum & Zoo (aka BAMZ) is at 4:00PM, and it closes at 5:00PM.

You should consider moving your visit to BAMZ and Hamilton to the next day. You don't need a motor scooter to do Hamilton and BAMZ is on a bus route.

There is a printable map of Bermuda here which provides the location of many of the attractions. I would not use it to navigate with, but it gives a good overall view of the islands. Hamilton is the business center and capital; St George, former capital is a UNESCO World Heritage Center.

I have no idea how long it will take your group to be outfitted with motor scooters. Once everyone is set, I would head to the South Shore where the beaches are located. The beaches are off South Rd which you will be a right at Barnes Corner Park. The major public beaches off South Rd are in this order: Church Bay, Horseshoe Bay, Warwick Long Bay, Elbow Beach, John Smith's Bay. Between HSB and WLB, there is a park named South Shore Park that will give access to these beaches: Chaplin Bay, Stonehole Bay, Jobson's Bay.

When your day is done and depending where you are, you could consider going into Hamilton where you could load your motor scooters on the ferry for the trip back to the Dockyard.

I can't offer any help on Club Aqua or Snorkel Park, but they are located about a 5 minute walk from the cruise ship.

HTH

SBtS

Not to jump on the post - but how much is a ferry ride with a scooter. Say one scooter and 2 people? From Hamilton to the dockyard? Also how late in the day/night do the ferries run this route?

You are asking about a motor scooter, correct.

For a motor scooter, each person (driver & passenger) would be each charged a fare, and the motor scooter would cost a fare. Unless the driver of the motor scooter was paying his/her fare with a Transportation Pass, then the driver and motor scooter would be covered by the TP. The passenger would still have to pay a fare (token, TP, cash, or ticket).

Fares are: cash $4.50 (coins only); token $4.00 (purchased before boarding); Transportation Pass $15/25/35, 1/2/3 days respectively (pbb); and 1 ticket from a booklet of 15 tickets $30.00 (pbb).

On weekdays, the last ferry departs Hamilton at 8:30PM unless it is a Wednesday night and Harbour Nights is on, then the last ferry departs at 10:30PM

SBtS

would suggest everyone in your group read the post titled - Big Mike's Guide - Should You Rent a Scooter in Bermuda. Lotsa of good info there.

Some general info – the last tour of the caves start at 4:30PM. If you are to do both caves, I would plan on being there for 3:30PM. The tour of each caves takes about 45 minutes. The caves are not linked, so you have to exit one cave before starting on the second cave. The caves do not have elelvators. The last admission to the Bermuda Aquarium Museum & Zoo (aka BAMZ) is at 4:00PM, and it closes at 5:00PM.

You should consider moving your visit to BAMZ and Hamilton to the next day. You don't need a motor scooter to do Hamilton and BAMZ is on a bus route.

There is a printable map of Bermuda here which provides the location of many of the attractions. I would not use it to navigate with, but it gives a good overall view of the islands. Hamilton is the business center and capital; St George, former capital is a UNESCO World Heritage Center.

I have no idea how long it will take your group to be outfitted with motor scooters. Once everyone is set, I would head to the South Shore where the beaches are located. The beaches are off South Rd which you will be a right at Barnes Corner Park. The major public beaches off South Rd are in this order: Church Bay, Horseshoe Bay, Warwick Long Bay, Elbow Beach, John Smith's Bay. Between HSB and WLB, there is a park named South Shore Park that will give access to these beaches: Chaplin Bay, Stonehole Bay, Jobson's Bay.

When your day is done and depending where you are, you could consider going into Hamilton where you could load your motor scooters on the ferry for the trip back to the Dockyard.

I can't offer any help on Club Aqua or Snorkel Park, but they are located about a 5 minute walk from the cruise ship.

HTH

SBtS

i am truly grateful for your advice on this. it's super useful and detailed.

we revised our itinerary based on it.

day 1

- get to port at 9am

- get scooters

- jet ski from one of the beaches

- visit the both crystal caves

- snorkel park partying

day 2

- go to hamilton

- MAYBE go to BAMZ (might skip this altogether)

- go on a glass boat excursion

- go back to port at 5pm

i am truly grateful for your advice on this. it's super useful and detailed.

we revised our itinerary based on it.

day 1

- get to port at 9am

- get scooters

- jet ski from one of the beaches

- visit the both crystal caves

- snorkel park partying

There are 2 caves, one is named Crystal Cave and the other Fantasy Cave.

By Bermudian law, there are no individual rentals of jet skis. You tour as a group with a group leader and won't be off the beach with the exception of the tours offered by Snorkel Park which is 5 minutes from where you will be docked.

SBtS