Anyone ask for a room change once on board?

Sarah@Sea

TA called today and said the rooms I provided as possible moves were taken and that to move anywhere else would be $220. So for now I'm staying put and might ask once I'm on board. And it reminds me why I don't use a TA, this time I booked too close for ES so I figure no harm in moving it to TA and seeing what benefits might be, but I had called her yesterday morning and she didn't call them until today, I understand this, she has other customers...just saying reason why I like to have the direct contact with Carnival.

The pros of the location are deck 8 so just 1 away from Lido, also near the bridge entrance...I can be BFF with Captain and the CD by the end of the cruise! Right! Also I realized because the bridge takes up space the cabin is not as far fwd as it would be on other decks.

We just got off the Pride a week ago. We booked an obstructed balcony and was even careful to book between two life boats as we have done in 4k cabins. When we got to the room we realized that we booked near the first 3 life boats and they were much larger then we anticipated.

We went to guest services right away and was told "maybe" but we had to wait until after we sailed. We never touched or unpacked a thing. Went and enjoyed the afternoon, had dinner and returned to guest services. To our delight we were changed to another cabin with an unobstructed view!!! When we told them just to add the difference to our sail and sign (or we could pay right then) they said "NO CHARGE". Well that was music to our ears. Cabin was wonderful. We would not have been to disappointed had we not gotten to change because we were the ones who screwed up. (They even brought a large cart and put all our luggage and carryon's on it and said "follow me" and away we went)

We had the exact same situation on our May 4th cruise...Doesn't hurt to ask at Guest Services when boarding.:)

Mike

Not that this really has to do with the thread, but on our last cruise (Conquest), our room was on the bottom Deck and all the way forward. There were only two cabins forward of us (we had an inside room).

Guess which dining room we were assigned to?

Yep, aft one.

Not only that, but our table was all the way at the back of the room - right next to the aft windows.

Great view, but made for a very long, long walk!

Andy

Not that this really has to do with the thread, but on our last cruise (Conquest), our room was on the bottom Deck and all the way forward. There were only two cabins forward of us (we had an inside room).

Guess which dining room we were assigned to?

Yep, aft one.

Not only that, but our table was all the way at the back of the room - right next to the aft windows.

Great view, but made for a very long, long walk!

Andy

All that walking is a good excuse for an extra dessert! :D I don't think I'll mind the fwd cabin when getting back on the ship from port....I admit walking all the way to our l-shaped aft cabin after all the time walking the pier and standing in line, standing waiting for the elevator....at least before dinner I'll have most likely had a nap.

Edited by Sarah@Sea