Montego bay secret falls or something else ?

dramaqueenjan

So we are booked for a tour to secret fall aka Blue Hole and also for Scotchie's jerk chicken its about and hour and a half drive 1 wsy .Has anyone done this ,is it really worth all the drive time and what other excursions would u recommend there will be 7 in our group ..THX AND HAPPY MOTHERS DAY TO ALL THE MOMS

Just got off the ship. We did that tour and loved it! Jumped off a bunch of different areas in the falls. It's not super crowded, and you get to learn a lot about Jamaica during the drive. Also the guides at the blue hole are awesome. Ours carried our groups three cameras everywhere and took pictures of all of our jumps. Definitely would recommend it!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

We did this tour last month on the Dream (there are pics in my review in my signature). I would HIGHLY recommend the tour. IF I ever get back to Jamaica, I would do the exact tour all over again. We did dock in Ocho Rios though.

Blue Hole is *awesome*. It's an order of magnitude better than Dunn's River falls. Check out the reviews on Trip Advisor under "Ocho Rios Blue Hole". It's only about a 45 minute drive from the cruise terminal, though. Not sure where you got the hour-and-a-half (roundtrip, maybe?).

would a person with knee problems have trouble doing this excursion??? how much walking is involved??

is this a carnival sponsored excursions?

Edited by oldmedic

Blue Hole is *awesome*. It's an order of magnitude better than Dunn's River falls. Check out the reviews on Trip Advisor under "Ocho Rios Blue Hole". It's only about a 45 minute drive from the cruise terminal, though. Not sure where you got the hour-and-a-half (roundtrip, maybe?).

From Montego Bay?? Maybe from Falmouth it's an hour, but I think it's even over a half hour from Ocho Rios cruise pier. Please clarify. Honestly, having been to Montego Bay, Falmouth AND Ocho Rios, I would not do this from Montego Bay. Just too far of a drive in my opinion. I'd find something closer to MoBay to do. Just my opinion. I'm not spending 3+ hrs in a van on my 8 hrs in port.

Edited by mrsfuzzmo

My bad. It's 45 minutes from the Ocho Rios cruise terminal. I usually post in the Carnival forums so I made a bad assumption. I'm not sure how far it is from MoBay. An hour and a half may very well be correct.

we're booked for the same tour....docked in mo'bay. alittle worried about the 90 minute one way drive as well. the last time we were in Jamaica i thought i was going to die in that taxi! this time i made sure the tour guide was highly recommended but i'm still seriously rethinking my decision.

what else is there closer to mo'bay to do?