How long SHOULD muster drill take?

Soooo..what is it you planned on doing during seven or eight days in the Caribbean heat?

Beach time? Transportation in an open air bus and toes in the sand time would expose you to more heat than spending those uncomfortable minutes on the deck...which is usually shaded near the lifeboats.

Staying on board? Better stay inside. It's hot by the pool or serenity deck.

"Conditioned to stupidity" sounds an awful lot like "i know it all" which is why many of us born in the North relocated to the South. Enjoy,

It's not "shaded" by the lifeboats it's more like the lifeboats block any available breeze, and the body heat from hundreds of people standing shoulder to shoulder is quite different than being up on the lido pool or serenity area.

I think the muster drills that are held outside are downright abusive. Pack people so close together they can't move and then make them stand there for over 30 minutes in the heat. On one of our HAL cruises there were several people who needed medical attention after the drill.

On the Victory we were smashed together while someone screamed over the speaker, instructions so garbled we couldn't even make out the words. The baby in front cried the whole time because it was so loud (parents should have caught on and covered his ears)

Princess holds their drills inside. It's very civilized, we can all clearly hear the instructions and we don't have to start our cruises with 30+ minutes of misery.

So, does anyone know if the Sunshine muster stations are all outside? My daughter is on a medication that decreases her ability to sweat and can cause her to overheat quickly. This thread has me a little concerned. It's our 1st cruise.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

So, does anyone know if the Sunshine muster stations are all outside? My daughter is on a medication that decreases her ability to sweat and can cause her to overheat quickly. This thread has me a little concerned. It's our 1st cruise.

Let the crew know you need to use the alternative muster location for those with special needs. You can contact Carnival Special needs prior to the cruise or let crew know when you go down to muster location. I actually like to go down to the muster location so I am aware of where it in if there were an emergency and I tell crew I am unable to stand for a long time and they show me where the other location is, once it was in a nearby bar/lounge and last cruise it was in the library.

Let the crew know you need to use the alternative muster location for those with special needs. You can contact Carnival Special needs prior to the cruise or let crew know when you go down to muster location. I actually like to go down to the muster location so I am aware of where it in if there were an emergency and I tell crew I am unable to stand for a long time and they show me where the other location is, once it was in a nearby bar/lounge and last cruise it was in the library.

Thanks, I will do that for sure.

It's not "shaded" by the lifeboats it's more like the lifeboats block any available breeze, and the body heat from hundreds of people standing shoulder to shoulder is quite different than being up on the lido pool or serenity area.

Exactly. Up on deck, there was a nice breeze so it wasn't too bad despite the heat, but down on the lifeboat deck, with so many people squashed into the small space and no breeze it was downright horrible.:mad:

In response "Z'', I plan on enjoying myself, laying in the hot sun when, where, and how I want, enjoying a cool drink, which is what I paid for, not scrunched up in line, midst others griping also on poor planning and not being inside for muster as many other cruise lines do. Usually on Carnival, we were on lower deck than Lido and never before did we have to go look at the lifeboats as we saw others do on this cruise. On over 30 cruises, a lot have been held indoors on other lines and even some Carnival cruises. I do realize they must be held, but the rules apply cruise wise. So I have to ask, why did the Fantasy have this different muster? Do you believe the Fingerman had even a close count of passengers when a lot were sitting down and moving back and forth between lines and even sitting down at the outdoor food area? No way!! Yes, I did enjoy the cruise, even the heat .