Booking multiple cabins

pudy68

Hi,

I need to book 2 balcony cabins, one with 2 adults, and the other with a solo. After looking at the sale going on for waiving the single supplement fee, there are many options, but I'm not sure of cabin placement. If I book the double occupancy cabin, how will Carnival go about assigning the balcony GTY for the solo cruiser? Is there any way to know if they will try to keep us in the same general area, or will we end up on different floors? :confused:

If you call Carnival after the booking is made and give them both booking #'s to be linked together that will sometimes help. They do normally do the cabin assignment before hand but it's just luck of the draw, you may get lucky and be fairly close or you could be on opposite ends of the ship.

Is the single supplement rate for the date you are looking at quite a bit higher to select the cabin?

Not sure what you mean, Gracie.

For instance one itinerary I'm looking into is this (copied from the agency website):

Double Occupancy Balcony $469

Single Occupancy Balcony $469

Single Supplement 0%

I take that to mean for my 1st cabin with double occupancy, it will be 469 x 2 (plus taxes/fees), and for my other cabin for a single occupancy, it will be 469 x 1 (plus taxes/fees).

Do they offer a separate charge to select the cabin for the single one? I thought they would charge me for a double in order to select the cabin, no? I was told I can only book a solo fare and get a GTY that will be assigned later. (I wonder if they would let it be moved closer to us if they don't sell them all, provided it's in the same category. If they won't assign it until we are checking in, then that might not be too promising to count on.)