voyager cruise vs carnival

ccamp

Hi

I have been on 4 (soon 5) carnival cruises and had my initial cruise experience on the Dolphin which I still remember fondly. I have never been unhappy with Carnival lucky with service etc.

The voyager has really caught my eye for a family cruise and I wondered without causing a carnival beating lol, could some pax that been on both tell me the pro's and con's and if the extra cost was worth it. What is the max passenger is a cabin etc. Based on family schedules we would have to go in the summer during hurricane season and that is okay we understand the possibility of change of itinerary.

Thanks

I've been on both the Explorer (Voyager class) with my family, and Carnival's Miracle with a friend.

The Explorer had WAY more for a family to do (mine were 9, 11 and 13 at the time).

While on the Miracle with my friend, I was obviously thinking about my family at home and what they would be doing if they were with me. Quite frankly, besides the pool I couldn't find anything else that would be appealing to them (now, this is my family, yours may be different).

On Explorer, they filled their time onboard with mini-golf, ice skating, ping pong, playing board games, etc.

We had two adjoining oceanview cabins and that worked out really well. I know there are family oceanview cabins that accommodate 6 people but we only booked 6 weeks out so that wasn't an option for us. At the time I thought we paid a lot, but after reading posts here, I think we got a pretty good price - $750 pp during spring break week (our daughter was a little less for being the 3rd person in their room, can't remember what her price was).

So, just my opinion, but I would definitely recommend a Voyager class ship.

I've been on four voyager class cruises and one carnival.

Unless it is free, I will not go back on Carnival.

The voyager class cruises are really in a class all by themselves. It is a full week of entertainment, fun, and frills! The minute you step on one of these ships, you'll experience a whole new way to cruise :p The nightlife alone is enough to keep cruising with RCCL. We were extremely disappointed at how early everyone on the carnival ships retired for the evening, and how the ship had absolutely NO energy!yet on RCCL, the first night the parade down the promanade will get ya all in the spirit.

The band everyday at the pool, the adult only solarium pool, the spa:rolleyes: , the wondeful pool activities(don't miss the men's international belly flop comp.) the sales at on the promanade, the wonderful dinners~ yum~ the 9 hole mini-golf and sports deck, the all night parties at the pool and in the vault, I could go on......

it's a great experience.... definelty spend a little more and enjoy the vacation of a lifetime!

Have a great trip.

Also you asked about the cabins?

The inside cabins are smaller on the voyager ships, but you're never in them:D like we were on carnival!

We had a balcony room in May and was great, lots of space and the view, you can't beat it.

We also go in hurricane season, and have had itinerary changes. They do their absolute best at keeping ports of call, last September during Ivan they went to all the ports backwards so we could hit them all. Great trip and great weather.

We loved our Marinar of the Seas cruise in April 2004, so we booked Voyager for this fall.

We have started looking at cruises for 2007, and decided to go back to Carnival, we thought there was more to do at night, and the entertainment was better IMO.

There were things we loved about RCL, and things we loved about Carnival, comfort was a biggie, we are both large people, and found that the RCL had less comfy seating, every chair had arms, or theater seats, of Carnival many of the chairs had no arms, or round seats, we enjoyed those more, than trying to find a seat in the upper level at the back of the theater.

I am rambling, I guess my point is try Voyager and see what you think, we will more than likely sail both lines again, and again, and again!

Archived