Age demographics on Brillance of the seas

The only reason I ask is my daughter is considering sailing with her children she has watched many videos posted and commented on the age of clients on the ship? She is going to sail in either March or April ( I told her at that time you will see lots more kids) She is unsure if this ship is for kids please share your thoughts if you have sailed and found the ship is occupied by all ages. Thank you very kindly..

Edited by missemo12345

Dear Smileperry thank you for you reply...I see you sailed Brillance in 2014 how did you enjoy your cruise? We have sailed Freedom class 3x my husband has concerns about this ship having no promenade deck. But it has had a major reburb so many things are updated. Did you write review? TY

We aren't going until October of this year, for a New England/ Canada cruise with our son. He'll be 19 months when we go. So I don't have a review yet, but I will have a kid friendly/not-friendly review when I return.

I have, however, been on the Jewel of the seas back in 2009. Which is a sister ship. This class of ship is beautiful and there are plenty of spaces to people watch and kick back. We spent 11-nights on the Jewel for our honeymoon and we always found something to do or see. There are many places onboard where you can see the ocean, lots of windows! Plenty of people watching opportunities. For children there is Adventure Beach. As long as they are potty trained they can use the kids pool with water slide.

I think they added a pub to the Brilliance where the sports bar once was. There is a small movie theater as well. There are self-leveling pool tables just past the Schooner Bar. So it doesn't have the bells and whistles that Freedom class does, it has it's own beautiful charm and unique features. By the way we're going on the Liberty with our son a month after the Brilliance, I am confident both trips will be just fine for our young family.

We're only 30 years old, so not old in any way, and we liked the class of ship back 5 years ago. Hopefully that will ease some of the worry!

Edited by smileyperry

Dear Smileperry thank you for you reply...I see you sailed Brillance in 2014 how did you enjoy your cruise? We have sailed Freedom class 3x my husband has concerns about this ship having no promenade deck. But it has had a major reburb so many things are updated. Did you write review? TY

I sailed Brilliance with my husband in early December 2013. She is a beautiful ship, with WONDERFUL crew onboard.

Given the timing, we didn't see too many kids while sailing - but did notice that the kids waterslide was very popular when we walked by it a few times.

Don't miss the show in the centrum! It was on Day 3 for us on our 5-day cruise.

I haven't written a review, but please feel free to ask questions. (I do not have children yet - so I cannot speak to the kids activities onboard).

Edited by HeartCruzs

The only reason I ask is my daughter is considering sailing with her children she has watched many videos posted and commented on the age of clients on the ship? She is going to sail in either March or April ( I told her at that time you will see lots more kids) She is unsure if this ship is for kids please share your thoughts if you have sailed and found the ship is occupied by all ages. Thank you very kindly..

I sailed this past March on Brilliance. We had an excellent time and the ship is beautiful!!

While I did see younger children on board I would have to say that this sailing was for the most part, college students on spring break.

When I sailed it wasn't a kid school break time. One evening around almost 6 the college contingent was still at the main pool so I went over to the kid area thinking they would be gone for dinner. I happy to run into this charming 8 year with a very 20's attitude. It was very interesting.

I would of tried the solarium which is beautiful, but to warm. The ship is amazing and beautiful. I really like riding the sea side elevator to dinner cause you feel like you are decending to the sea.

The WJ you can sit in or out or out, and a little more protected.

There are none of the new soda machine, so bars or drink center at WJ.

I was in 7040 and it had a nice size balacony. No couch, love seat. Easy to get everywhere.

There is no special ice cream store, but the WJ has a zone and offering it during dinner at MDR. Pastries at attitudes.

I personally loved the ship! Hoping to be back soon. It seems for all these sales they jacked the rates.