Royal Caribbean Independence of the Seas VS Carnival Breeze

Hi! My family of four (kids ages 12 & 14) have been on 1 Royal Caribbean and 2 Carnival cruises. We are looking into a Southern/Eastern Caribbean 8 day cruise in early 2015. Deciding between Independence of the Seas and Breeze. Looks like Indy was recently re-done and looks gorgeous! Any thoughts?? Thanks!

I cant speak for the Indy but I went on an 8 day southern on the Breeze last May and it was amazing. Very nice ship with a lot of amenities. Plenty of activities for kids that age too. I dont think you can go wrong either way, but if you haven't done a Southern itinerary, I HIGHLY recommend it. Curacao and Aruba are really cool.

I have sailed both ships and both are very nice. The Breeze is new and Indy is the newest freedom class ship. I prefer RC's loyalty program - otherwise I am fairly impartial. BUT - IMHO the INDY is a nicer ship overall. The Breeze is less refined, but has more casual food options and larger standard rooms. The INDY will feel less crowded around the pools and has much better entertainment.

It depends on what you are looking for. If you find a good itinerary and price - go for it!

I have been on both with the IOS two weeks ago. I have to say that I was very impressed with the ship and wondered why there were no lines and no pushing and shoving that I experienced on The Breeze. Both ships were sold out but you could not tell that on IOS. I did like the Southern itinerary on The Breeze but overall I really liked the IOS much better.

I just got off the Breeze Saturday and loved it. Not sold out so not crowded. Lovely new ship design with chic decor much different look for carnival. Loved their ocean plaza on promenade deck which allows u to walk on outside total circumfrance of ship. Crew was great as was service. Our lido deck balcony was steps away from pool and food and all the fun which allowed to step out and get quick refill or get food and take back to cabin...short walk..Loved that.

I haven't been on IotS but have been on the Breeze. She's a very nice ship with some superb casual eateries that are included without an extra charge. Breeze also has two good water slides and a ropes course. We also enjoyed the Movies Under the Stars nightly and the four comedy acts performed each night.

The Breeze is the nicest ship Carnival has to offer, IMHO. However, I did find the lines were a joke especially during sea days. I am also a water person and found the 2 little pools always crowded and extremely small for a ship its capacity.

Been on the Liberty Ots, sister of the independence and LOVED every part of it. lots of activities, the pools are huge and there are 4 of them. The shows were spectacular, so if I had to repeat one ship, it would be indie.