OBC is gone and Carnival won't give it back

The hundred dollars doesn't make or break me but would go along way for carnival to restore my faith in their business.

I think you will find that the circumstances would be the same no matter which cruise line you deal with. You didn't mention the promotion you were booked under versus the one that you are currently booked under currently. If they were the same then you shouldn't lose the OBC. If the promotion you have now is different than the old one then you are basically cancelling the old deal to take the new one.

I agree that the representative should have explained that to you. On my last cruise I changed my promotion three different times and on every change the representative did go over all of the potential changes when we were discussing the change.

All cruise lines do this. If you "upgrade" ...basically you cancel and rebook. They are now booking under new promo. I assume the upgrade was a better deal than you had.

Not true. Last year on NCL, we upgraded from a regular balcony to aft-facing and I was still able to hold onto my $200 OBC.

Latest update. Persistence pays off. After 2 calls and 2 emails to Carnival the did the right thing and restored my OBC. One key point is that I sent 2 emails to guest relations and only received 2 auto acknowledgements with a commitment to contact me in 48-72hrs which they did not keep. I followed up today with a call and they finally came through.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Good for you! Enjoy your cruise!