Celebrity Eclipse, November 9th, 2014 - Transatlantic

downundermatt

• 2 weeks later...

yep - looking forward to our first trans-Atlantic :)

We just came back from an Asia cruise on the Millennium and we had a blast with all the wonderful Aussies so if you do decide to join us, please bring along some of that wonderful thunder from downunder with you - and some Mexican sun :D

Edited by [g]cruiserke

• 3 weeks later...

Had some good friends in Leuven, back in the Exkeet days (now I am showing my age, maybe the mid 90s :D )

Still planning this trip have, have to wrangle five weeks off from work, that's the issue but I think we will manage it.

Cheers M n J

Had some good friends in Leuven, back in the Exkeet days (now I am showing my age, maybe the mid 90s :D )

I wasted much too much of my younger years at Exkeet and at gay parties in the Lido - isn't it a small world :p That would have been 1998-2002. Did you study near here or were you just visiting?

gert

• 1 month later...

Welcome aboard ;)

Hey, as long as you learned something in Leuven, you can claim you studied here. Even if it's just how to drink Stella Artois or how to pronounce funny sounding Dutch words :p

We can give you a reminder course in funny Dutch words if you drop by the Martini Bar on the Eclipse, any evening - all evening. Won't bother with the Stella, though :D

• 3 weeks later...
Hi There

Aussie/Mexican couple looking into this cruise, and ideally following with our First Back to Back (Carribean)

Any others yet ?

Cheers Matt and Juan

Hi Matt and Juan!

Bas and I have also booked this cruise! Will be nice to see you again!

Rudolf

• 5 weeks later...

Hello all, my name is Howard and this will be my 20th Trans-Atlantic crossing. Mostly on Celebrity. I'm rather surprised there are so few of us on this thread. Usually there at least 100 "friends" on any given crossing. Maybe they're just too shy to post. :rolleyes:. I will be traveling alone but I'm trying to talk a few friends into going too. I know I will have a great time and I know we'll all meet at the Martini Bar as everyone else will.

TTFN

Howard

Welcome to our small group Howard !

I think we may have done a Transatlantic with you on the Eclipse a few years back.

We busy making plans for both Cruises as are following this one with the following Caribbean trip.

Any suggestions for our turnaround day in Miami would be appreciated !

Otherwise see you in the Martina Bar:D

Good morning all, and Hello to Matt and Juan. Yes, I believe we did travel on another crossing, but not sure if it was Eclipse. However, it will be good to see you both again.

Are you planning on arriving in London early? I am flying in on the 7th and going to visit friends in Kent on the 8th during the day. No plans yet for any of the 2 nights there. If anyone if going in early and wants to meet up, let's do it. I'm staying in the Victoria Station area.

Howard in a beautiful sunny Fort Lauderdale

• 3 weeks later...

Hello all from Howard in sunny and soon to be "freezing", Fort Lauderdale. They say, "we're going down to 72 Farenheit". OMG, can you believe it?:rolleyes:

I have been reading on the main thread about the specialty dining up charges. The last time I traveled Solstice class, I was offered total specialty dining for Breakfast lunch and dinner for like 300.00 USD. Yes, for a 2 week cruise. Since they're now charging $7.00 for Bistro on 5, well, I don't know. Speaking of which, why don't we all plan on meeting at the Bistro upon boarding? Say 12Noon? Or maybe 1230? What does everyone else think? I suggest Bistro because it's worth the 7 bucks to avoid the buffet madness.

Howard

Hello Guys,

Peter & David from UK here. We're also booked and looking forward to the trip and meeting everyone on-board. Doesn't seem like many of us on here, but from past experiene there should be a large gay contingent. We know the ship is nearly full and these transatlantics starting in SOU are usually fun. Must admit to preferring the Millennium class ships on Celebrity, especially the Spa areas and the Buffet.

See you all next month!

Cheers, Peter & David

Good morning cruiseboyz and welcome to our little band of guys. I totally second your statement about Millennium class ships, with the "Connie", my favorite. I'll be sailing on her in April to Rome. I had an absolutely marvelous trip on 2 years ago to Amsterdam from here and we were filled with Friends of Dorothy. Since the Martini Bar is always the happening place on a Celebrity cruise, let's plan to all meet up at around 7-730? Even if in 1st sitting, still plenty of time to meet and greet and chat. Looking forward to a wonderful crossing.

Howard in another sunny day in beautiful Fort lauderdale

Hiya Peter and David and WECLOME !!

We are so looking forward to the Eclipse (28 days at sea all up) after being on the Infinity earlier in the year - really seems a tad dated sadly !!

Still will nice to have some more company joining our small group

Cheers Matt and Juan xx

Hi Matt, Juan and Howard,

Thanks for the warm welcome! Reckon were in for a great fun time on this trip. Really looking forwrd to the overnights in NYC and BDA. We have to investigate the best plan for our day in Cape Canaveral. There will definatley be quite a large contingent of gay guys on this trip, as these transatlantics are very popular, and also there are some great interline rates which appeal to all the trolly-dollies and other travel industry boys!

See ya all soon,

Cheers, Peter & David

• 2 weeks later...

Lowell and Charlie here from Hawaii. Looking forward to the cruise and hope to say hi at the LGBT gatherings or at the Martini bar.

Not with an airline but owned and ran a travel agency for 20 years in Honolulu.

Cheers!