Sanctuary on CB Princess

Boomer47

We'll be sailing on the CB May 19th, and I've gone back 10 pages on this site and not found anything about the sanctuary. Worth it or not? I've read (from back in 2011), it might be hard to get reservations and I certainly don't care enough to get up at 6:30 a.m. to get in line! Just looking for some input from those who have been there. Thanks,

Carol

It's a personal decision whether the Sanctuary is worth it. Some people love it, others don't see any value for their money.

The rate went up a couple of months ago to $20/half-day, $40/day/pp. The loungers are thick, wide and comfortable. The attendants will bring you drinks (usual charge) or food ($3 delivery charge.) No children, it's adults-only and quiet.

As said, whether it's worth it is up to you. Recent cruises, I've booked oceanview cabins and then the Sanctuary ($30/pp if you book the entire cruise) so I think it's worth it. Since the price was raised, it's been easier to book as not as many are willing to pay the price.

Edited by Pam in CA

Thanks Pam! Since the idea totally appeals to me, I think I'll go ahead and make the reservation once we get onboard. That's another question: why won't Princess let you book this online?

It's a personal decision whether the Sanctuary is worth it. Some people love it, others don't see any value for their money.

The rate went up a couple of months ago to $20/half-day, $40/day/pp. The loungers are thick, wide and comfortable. The attendants will bring you drinks (usual charge) or food ($3 delivery charge.) No children, it's adults-only and quiet.

As said, whether it's worth it is up to you. Recent cruises, I've booked oceanview cabins and then the Sanctuary ($30/pp if you book the entire cruise) so I think it's worth it. Since the price was raised, it's been easier to book as not as many are willing to pay the price.

Can I share the lounger, as in book one and let my daughter and or husband use it part of the day?

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

That's another question: why won't Princess let you book this online?
Because you book it on the ship. Princess has very few pre-booking options. If you book the Sanctuary for the whole cruise, book as soon as you board. If you're booking for just the day, you have to be there early that day to book.

The "best" lounger location is at the front behind the glass windscreen. It can get very windy and you're somewhat protected there. It's shadier there and if you want to be in the sun, the attendants will move your lounger or let you use an unoccupied lounger in the sun.

Can I share the lounger, as in book one and let my daughter and or husband use it part of the day?
That might be up to the Sanctuary staff. IMHO, you've reserved and paid for the lounger and as long as only one person is there at a time, I don't see a problem. But I can't answer for the staff and I don't know if there's a policy. If it were me, I'd ask if you can share one person at a time before signing the slip.