Near the Captain's Suites on Conquest Class Ships

Hi Everyone,

I have been cruising for years and have worked my way up from insides to Balconies. I am cruising this June 2014 on the Carnival Valor, room 9207. Has anyone ever had this room? I like forward and high, cabins around all side, makes for a nice quiet sleep, but I am concerned about proximity to the Captain's Suite deck. I would imagine that those who have the Captain Suite paid quite a bit for it and are not interested in seeing my balcony but I am just curious if anyone has stayed in a cabin near that deck and if there were any privacy or noise problems. Thank you!

I actually stayed in the captains suite on the Liberty back in October.....you shouldn't hear much noise from the cabin as the walk in closet, the second bathroom and the bedroom are against the wall of the next room. The living quarters are in front,with the floor to ceiling windows. The balcony juts out, so you may see the balcony, as I could see the other balconies, but It was far enough away as not to hear anything. The people in the room next to us didn't even realize there were 2 eight year olds in the room, and lets face it, they may be a tad noisier than adults at times lol. And as for seeing the other balconies, you would have to be turned around staring in, so I doubt most people would bother that either.....hope that helps!

• 2 months later...

I am back form my cruise on the Valor, and I wanted to post my report since I started this thread. I had an absolutely fantastic time, and the proximity to the Captain's Suite was such a non-issue I feel silly even had worried about it. Yes you could hear voices but no louder than your immediate neighbors, and yes you could see onto the balcony when standing but not when sitting. I have posted two pics from my cabin balcony 9207. This was a fantastic cabin it was very quiet. I plan to post a full trip review soon.

205687861_Atrailingstanding-9207Valor.jpg.3c06330d3f08596128f1f1bf6a0e5ab4.jpg

1229420789_Sittingdown-9207Valor.jpg.c9bf41c431895f90e854014595ca4266.jpg