Breakfast/lunch in Dining Room, what to wear?

BMW325

Hello all,

We will be on the Empress of the Seas leaving September 3, 2005. I've seen thousands of comments on what and what not to wear in the dining room for dinner. What about breakfast and lunch? My last cruise I did those meals at the buffet, so not sure how to dress. Any comments would be appreciated.

Thank you

Previous poster is right on. It is pretty casual both in the morn. and afternoon because people are getting ready to go ashore etc. You will be fine in the clothes you will wear ashore as long as you put something over your bathing suit. We did find they are closing the dining room more frequently than before though, it was closed several times a lunch last cruise, never had that happen before. However, the dining room had been pretty quiet and the Windjammer was jumping all the time. Funny thing is, you can get away with just about anything as 2 cruises ago dh and I were in the WJ for breakfast and a young woman came in in her underwear...just a little shocked with that sight I can tell you! But, it didn't affect us, we still had a good breakfast and went right back to talking!

Archived