How does this work w/ drink package

tbag124

Mom and kid in one cabin, dad and 2 kids in another. Dad wants drink package. So can he just purchase it and get the soda package for the 2 kids in his room? Mom doesn't have to also purchase the drink package even though their reservations are linked, right? b/c they have separate cabins and res numbers?

Thanks!

Mom and kid in one cabin, dad and 2 kids in another. Dad wants drink package. So can he just purchase it and get the soda package for the 2 kids in his room? Mom doesn't have to also purchase the drink package even though their reservations are linked, right? b/c they have separate cabins and res numbers?

Thanks!

At first glance I thought that the answer would be that you are indeed correct. But then I looked up the terms & conditions, and I am not 100% certain about what they mean with the following:

Quote: "Packages must be purchased by all qualifying individuals residing in the stateroom or additional staterooms under the same method of payment for the entire length of the cruise." End of quote.

http://www.ncl.com/promo/ultimate-beverage-package/terms

Edited by TrumpyNor

At first glance I thought that the answer would be that you are indeed correct. But then I looked up the terms & conditions, and I am not 100% certain about what they mean with the following:

Quote: "Packages must be purchased by all qualifying individuals residing in the stateroom or additional staterooms under the same method of payment for the entire length of the cruise." End of quote.

Hm. Theoretically, could you tie each stateroom to a different card for onboard charges? For example, Dad and kids room on the Visa, Mom and kids room on the Mastercard?

Yes Mom and the kids will also need to get the package unless they are two completely separate bookings without any connection. If Dad and the kid in one room made a reservation on one credit card and Mom and the other kids made another reservation on another credit card and they are not linked in any way, then they would be ok. I'm guessing the reservations are already made and they are on one booking? If so, got to get the packages for all.

I just saw this too! Thanks all!

I actually saw that it said anyone staying in "staying within the same stateroom, additional stateroom, adjoining stateroom or travel with" have to purchase.

Yes, you are correct. See the UBP Price Increase thread on the front page of this board. Old and new terms are posted for comparison.

Edited by punkincc

Call your PCC and make sure that the two reservations are in no way linked. You will also want to check in separate (i.e. dont go to the counter together). Third is to use a different credit card on the two expense accounts.

If you do this then you will only need to get the drink package in a single room.

Good Luck.

6&8

Call your PCC and make sure that the two reservations are in no way linked. You will also want to check in separate (i.e. dont go to the counter together). Third is to use a different credit card on the two expense accounts.

If you do this then you will only need to get the drink package in a single room.

Good Luck.

6&8

This should do it but you'll have to change or cancel any excursions or specialty restaurants that you may have pre-booked. Good luck!

You are all wrong it's "same payment method" for on board payments. Every room is technically booked separate when you ceheck in at embarkation and you tie every room to the same card everyone must get it. If you tie one cc to "dad's room" and one to "moms room" then dad can just get it because payment method isn't the same.