New Princess Cruiser

navybaby1113

Sorry to break in on your thread, there are so many threads to read with great info.

My husband and I will be on Golden Princess to Alaska on May 31 leaving from Seattle.

I have a question about the cabin situation. We had originally planned to stay in room with a balcony, but I lost my job and had to downgrade to an inside cabin to save $1600. I have obtained another job now and I would like the option to get a cabin with a balcony again if one is available, but I don't want to pay $1600 extra for it. Will they allow us to upgrade when we board the ship if one is available and in your experience would it be $1600 extra or would we possibly be able to get it for less? I know this is probably subject to a lot of factors and no answer is absolute, but just wondering if anyone else has any similar experiences.

Also, I have read that water, tea, coffee and lemonade is free but what about sodas? What about milk and OJ at breakfast? Do they have flavored coffee creamers or should be bring our own?

Sorry to break in on your thread, there are so many threads to read with great info.

My husband and I will be on Golden Princess to Alaska on May 31 leaving from Seattle.

I have a question about the cabin situation. We had originally planned to stay in room with a balcony, but I lost my job and had to downgrade to an inside cabin to save $1600. I have obtained another job now and I would like the option to get a cabin with a balcony again if one is available, but I don't want to pay $1600 extra for it. Will they allow us to upgrade when we board the ship if one is available and in your experience would it be $1600 extra or would we possibly be able to get it for less? I know this is probably subject to a lot of factors and no answer is absolute, but just wondering if anyone else has any similar experiences.

Also, I have read that water, tea, coffee and lemonade is free but what about sodas? What about milk and OJ at breakfast? Do they have flavored coffee creamers or should be bring our own?

Welcome to Cruise Critic....

There are no upgrades once onboard, upgrades are done before the sailing.

With an inside cabin I would not count on a free upgrade to a balcony.

Is it possible? Yes? But unlikely.

With your cruise leaving in 11 days it looks like you may have to stay in the inside.

Enjoy your cruise. :)

Edited by Colo Cruiser

Thanks Colo Cruiser.

I did not expect it for free, just wondering would it still be $1600 more. This is our first time on a cruise so it is all new to me. I was wondering because I have heard that hotels will sometimes give rooms at a discount just to fill the rooms, so wondering if cruise lines would allow an upgrade at a cheaper price.

We are excited about the cruise no matter what cabin we end up in.

Thanks Colo Cruiser.

I did not expect it for free, just wondering would it still be $1600 more. This is our first time on a cruise so it is all new to me. I was wondering because I have heard that hotels will sometimes give rooms at a discount just to fill the rooms, so wondering if cruise lines would allow an upgrade at a cheaper price.

We are excited about the cruise no matter what cabin we end up in.

Call the cruise line and ask them how much it would cost to upgrade.