On the Coral Princess

Grammyluvs

What is the difference between the Patisserie and the International cafe and which did you prefer?
The Patisserie is nothing like the IC. There will be a tray or two of mini sized pastries in the morning. Around lunch they will have finger sandwiches and pastries like they serve for afternoon tea. This is only on the ships that don't have an IC such as the Island and the Diamond. We haven't been on the a Sun class (Sun, Sea and Dawn) or the small ships (Ocean and Pacific, but I assume it is the same on those ships also.

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

What is the difference between the Patisserie and the International cafe and which did you prefer?

The Patisserie was just a bar area from when the ship was first built.

Offered some baked goods on a tray. :rolleyes:

IC is a whole different animal. :D

I was on the Coral Princess two years ago before the International Cafe was added. I took a picture of the "offerings" at the Patisserie. I've been on other ships that have the International Cafe. It's much, much better! Here's the picture of the food at the Patisserie on the Coral, followed by the typical offerings at the International Cafe:

8652882380_bbb9460567_c.jpgCoral Princess by Jasperdo, on Flickr

13858955353_3b52727550_c.jpgStar Princess - Hawaii Cruise by Jasperdo, on Flickr

13859187515_72ddce58c7_c.jpgStar Princess - Hawaii Cruise by Jasperdo, on Flickr

I was on the Coral Princess two years ago before the International Cafe was added. I took a picture of the "offerings" at the Patisserie. I've been on other ships that have the International Cafe. It's much, much better! Here's the picture of the food at the Patisserie on the Coral, followed by the typical offerings at the International Cafe:

8652882380_bbb9460567_c.jpgCoral Princess by Jasperdo, on Flickr

13858955353_3b52727550_c.jpgStar Princess - Hawaii Cruise by Jasperdo, on Flic

13859187515_72ddce58c7_c.jpgStar Princess - Hawaii Cruise by Jasperdo, on Flickr

Is there an extra charge at IC?

In December I found the food selections at the IC to be great. I noticed a couple trays of cookies at the Patisserie at times but only had drinks there in the evening.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

• 1 month later...

We enjoyed the IC every morning for breakfast on the Coral when we cruised to Alaska . Great coffee and the food was just enough to start the day. We are looking forward to returning next year on the panama .

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk