!!! BREEZE !!! Western Caribbean ^_^ The Ultimate Review and Complete Pictorial Guide

gambee

Gambee...as always, you are doing an excellent review. I am sooo excited for our upcoming cruise.

I never tried the water slides on the Breeze because I spent most of my time in Waterworks...and I was one of the first ones there when the bucket dumped the water! So much fun....

I also never tried the rope course but my husband and son did....several times. My husband got to a point where he almost chickened out but as there seems to be no way to get off early had had to "man up" .....and take the easy route. He said that kids were breezing (no pun intended) right past him.

Anyway, looking forward to the rest of your review....

Up until I boarded the Breeze I had to realized how cute these lamps really are. I mean lets face it, this is the first thing that we see when we read a Breeze review. But they really do look really nice, and they help the atrium flow accordingly =)

Day2-550_zps81df9aeb.jpg

Day2-551_zps22063fb6.jpg

It was about 8 of us I think maybe 10, can’t recall correctly. We got sat towards the back with a nice view of the dinning room. I really liked the decor in the MDR, although I have to say that the one in the aft of the ship is nicer than this one. Like I said I will refrain from using names, but here is a story that caught my ear. One of our CC members (which by the way was super nice and so was his wife) was happy to be seated in the corner table. Why you ask? well, he likes having a view of whats going on, so that if something goes wrong he can act fast at take a preemptive measure to the situation at hand. I wont get into details, but that got me thinking. He really did have a point there, we live our lives pretty simply and expect nothing to go wrong. But what if something does? Anyway, lol, lets keep this party moving :p

Day2-552_zpsfc3a51f5.jpg

It is my understanding that these are still the old menus? not sure. ohhhh, this was formal night, and a fellow CC member who dressed fully, noticed people with shorts in the MDR. I was actually in a really nice shirt that I had purchased for the cruise and white pants. But not tie or anything, I thought I was looking fly either way :D and in the end that is all that matters.

Day2-553_zpsd1347cec.jpg

Day2-554_zps14c9c8fb.jpg

Day2-555_zps6a316c0a.jpg

Day2-557_zps2992c608.jpg

I was just in a really good mood, and with a fantastic group or folks to go with it. I can only wish that all my roll calls are like this one in the future. Just such an amazing group of people. I specially loved the ethnic variety in it. Not sure I have mentioned this in the past, but I enjoy studying cultures and religions. I don't talk about them often, because some people make a big deal out of (religion and politics). But I truly do enjoy groups with a lot of variety in them, this was a great dinner setting.

Day2-558_zps25633139.jpg

I've noticed that the water in the pools looks...murky. What is that about??

Sun screen, salt water? I noticed that as well. I never tried their pools. I have seen this before in NCL, no big deal. They empty their pools often.

Gambee...as always, you are doing an excellent review. I am sooo excited for our upcoming cruise.

I never tried the water slides on the Breeze because I spent most of my time in Waterworks...and I was one of the first ones there when the bucket dumped the water! So much fun....

I also never tried the rope course but my husband and son did....several times. My husband got to a point where he almost chickened out but as there seems to be no way to get off early had had to "man up" .....and take the easy route. He said that kids were breezing (no pun intended) right past him.

Anyway, looking forward to the rest of your review....

Maybe we are getting orlder ;), let the young BREEZE by :D :p

Gambee, now I see why your reviews are rated so highly! Awesome. Than ks for all your efforts.

Thank you kindly :). They require an immense amount of work, but I am quite proud of them.

They are my pride and joy ;)

So those who know me, I am not out to damage cruise lines reputations. I simply report an honest opinion, be it good or bad. Just keep that in mind.

Ok so I am going to come and say it, please don’t bash me, it is simply my opinion. Carnival has the weakest MDR I have experienced. Before that was Norwegian, but I have to admit that Carnival MDR Dinner food was not that great at all. Please note that this is pretty much one of the only places in the Breeze that I was dissatisfied with.

Alligator fritters. Just blahhhh.... Living in Ft. Lauderdale I know alligator fritters, granted they were not horrible. But there was just a lot of filling to be called alligator fritter, I swear I could not tell where the alligator part was at...

Day2-559_zps7e6aeb4f.jpg

Stuffed mushrooms, again not bad but not great. What too much starch... And don;t ask me what that yellow brick was, because I could not tell. Just not tasty...

Day2-560_zps2e04f37e.jpg

And the lobster and shrimp. The shrimp were actually pretty good, but the lobster…. Oh my,,,, it was just horrible, maybe I was spoiled with the one the night before. I was not the only one in the group to note this. It was dry and very rubbery. Let it be said that I only ate about 1 bite out of it... Like I said, I very lenient with criticism, this was just not good.

Day2-561_zps5c55bdfe.jpg

Another issue that I noticed was that our server was having a hard time with the gluten allergy of our table mate. She really can’t have any gluten at all, and her options for that night were pretty much just 1, and when her food came out it was just a piece of meat. She had to request sides, it was very inconsistent.

As far as the service goes, well how do I put this….. I understand that taking care of large tables takes time, but this dinner took quite more than I am used to. Thank God for some amazing table mates, because otherwise this would have not fly by me if it was just me and my mom. Service in the MDR was overall very inconsistent, some nights great and other times very slow.

Day2-562_zps9620fe1b.jpg

For dessert I was not going to take a "Gambee" gamble :p, since all of the reviews praise this dessert.

Guess what I got ?

Day2-563_zps295328c4.jpg

How was it?

AMAZING!!!!

This was the highlight of my dinner, no question about it. I knew then that would be the dessert that I would get each night. I usually don’t gamble much with food, well actually I don’t gamble much with anything.

We finished and then some of us parted ways. Personally I wanted to go check out the stores and buy my model ship. Which by the way looks great with my collection, I need to buy something to put them on. So far I have 6 of them, and hopefully 7 by the end of the year :D.

Edited by gambee

If you bought 2 or more bottles booze was a great deal! I bought none :-/ lol.

Day2-589_zpsf04e0366.jpg

Day2-590_zps2090f3da.jpg

Everything was priced reasonably, my model ship cost $31.95, not the cheapest one but definitely in the lower end of the spectrum. The Disney Dream leads with $30, go figure that one out. Well maybe its because you pre-pay for it with the cruise fare ;-), lol.

Notice my fancy new Express blue shirt, lol :p

Day2-591_zpsbe724539.jpg

I headed up to the room to drop of the model ship and the NEX camera.

I found this little guy, like I said he made me one every day. So far only Disney and Carnival has done this for me. I love them! Not sure what it was? longlegs turtle? lol. None the less, I was very grateful. It's little things like this that make a B cruise an A cruise!

Day2-596_zps88f91b3e.jpg

Edited by gambee

Now that you mention it, service was really slow that night. We were all having a good time so I didn't think about it at the time, but that was probably the longest I have ever spent in an MDR. And I second the lobster review. It was awful! The shrimp was tasty though.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Forums mobile app

Day2-597_zps3fe06039.jpg

As you can see I never unpacked. (Fisheye). Not proud of it, but not exactly embarrassed of it. It's my style, you can't be ashamed of who you're. PLEASE, don't blame mom, this is all me! Well maybe, dad :D :p

Day2-598_zps18247cde.jpg

I left the room and walked by a show, I happened to see the end of it. I noticed that they had songs that I loved so I made mental note to go back to at least one show. For those who don’t know me, I really dislike shows. And Carnival manage to do the impossible, but more on that later ;).

I kept on walking and heading towards the Piano bar, we were supposed to meet there. This is the first time I go to a piano bar, and I soon found out that I am not a fan. I guess it is not for me, the entertainment looked great and everyone was having a great time, but it was just not my cup of tea. Different folks, different stroke you know the saying.

Now that you mention it, service was really slow that night. We were all having a good time so I didn't think about it at the time, but that was probably the longest I have ever spent in an MDR. And I second the lobster review. It was awful! The shrimp was tasty though.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Forums mobile app

Like I said, the company made it an amazing dinner. But I make mental notes of everything, service was horrible.

Thank you so much for backing me up, it makes my information much more reliable.

Glad to see you here :)

So I took a few pics and then took off.

Day2-608_zpsd317ae21.jpg

Fisheye lens is horrible with people, but then again that is why I rarely use it then ;). Wayyyy to much distortion, but I still love it!

Day2-610_zps770d195c.jpg

I decided to call it a night, it was a really long day I had not even napped. It is really hard for me to take naps…

I took these on the way back to the room…

Day2-604_zps04074123.jpg

Day2-603_zpsb16d29bf.jpg

Day2-605_zps1942fe0c.jpg

Day2-606_zps0d482ab9.jpg

And thats about it for day 2 folks. I was worn out and ready to get some sleep on that amazing bed…

Day 2, End.

I am worn out, OMG that was one long set!!!!

I really hope everyone enjoyed it!

Mom says hi and she is grateful for all the kind comments.

Thank you for keeping up =)

The lobster in the MDR is very hit or miss, sorry to hear that yours was a miss! I've had them come out dry and rubbery and I've had them arrive perfectly cooked, melt in your mouthy yummy! I think it is mainly luck and getting a fresh one.

Next cruise: Carnival Breeze June 2014

I took these on the way back to the room…

Day2-604_zps04074123.jpg

Day2-603_zpsb16d29bf.jpg

Day2-605_zps1942fe0c.jpg

Day2-606_zps0d482ab9.jpg

And thats about it for day 2 folks. I was worn out and ready to get some sleep on that amazing bed…

Day 2, End.

Loving and following!!!!