Pack and go Rate - can you pay to upgrade later

Patches1966

We booked a cruise on the dream yesterday for a June 1st sailing. 30 minutes later I had my room numbers. We were placed on the Riviera deck midship rooms 1306 and 1310. Very excited to be next door to each other. First time on Carnival so I hope we did ok on our rooms, Can we pay to upgrade if something becomes available at a good rate?

We booked a cruise on the dream yesterday for a June 1st sailing. 30 minutes later I had my room numbers. We were placed on the Riviera deck midship rooms 1306 and 1310. Very excited to be next door to each other. First time on Carnival so I hope we did ok on our rooms, Can we pay to upgrade if something becomes available at a good rate?

I've seen people post that they have been successful in paying for an upgrade after booking a Pack & Go (guarantee) fare. I've also seen people post that they have been denied that. I was turned down the last time I tried it in March. The problem is with it being a "guarantee."

I have a pack and go interior...and have talked to my PVP about upgrading, and she told me it wasn't a problem. Right now I could go back into the guarantee ov pool for no money, but the location of the ov's are on deck 2, and I was assigned an interior deck 7 good location. So unless the guarantee balconies come down a whole heck of a lot I will probably stay put.

I just called Carnival with the same question and was told "No". Maybe with a guarantee stateroom but we booked a Pack n Go rate.

Sent from my KFTHWA using Forums mobile app

Edited by lollylew