Back from the Navigator

DH, I and another couple will be sailing on the Navigator to the same destinations in November.

DH was wondering how 'crowded' and how long does it usually take to get off the boat to get to shore. I know that if you have booked excursions through RCL you leave first, but how about if you are just going ashore?

You know what... we were worried about this at first, too, but it is actually pretty fast. In Labadee and Grand Cayman you need to tender and both times we just walked down the stairs and went on the tender... no waiting. At Ocho Rios and Cozumel we just walked right out onto the pier without having to wait either.

The crew on the NOS were pretty efficient getting everyone off in a reasonable time.

We Were Also On The Navigator From 7/23 To 7/30. We Were Originally Supposed To Go To The Riviera Maya In Mexico But We Changed Our Plans At The Last Minute Due To Hurricane Emily. We Couldn't Have Been Happier About Our Cruise. We Have 2 Children Ages 7 And 12 And They Had The Time Of Their Life. I Am Surprised To Hear That Someone Didn't Like Grand Cayman. It Has Always Been Our Favorite Island. We Went To Seven Mile Beach And Had A Wonderful Time. I Was Not Happy With Jamaica. Too Many Pushy Natives. Our Family Particularly Liked Our Cruise Director Graham Seymour. He Always Made Us Laugh.

We Were Also On The Navigator From 7/23 To 7/30. We Were Originally Supposed To Go To The Riviera Maya In Mexico But We Changed Our Plans At The Last Minute Due To Hurricane Emily. We Couldn't Have Been Happier About Our Cruise. We Have 2 Children Ages 7 And 12 And They Had The Time Of Their Life. I Am Surprised To Hear That Someone Didn't Like Grand Cayman. It Has Always Been Our Favorite Island. We Went To Seven Mile Beach And Had A Wonderful Time. I Was Not Happy With Jamaica. Too Many Pushy Natives. Our Family Particularly Liked Our Cruise Director Graham Seymour. He Always Made Us Laugh.

arph,

Yes, it was me who said that we did not like Grand Cayman. On the other hand, DH and I loved Jamaica. Funny how different people can have different views of the same place. Everyone has different ideas of what they are looking for on vacation. I guess I was wanting a more 'island paradise' feel.

As I mentioned before, GC just seemed like some beach towns in USA. We did a snorkel, kayaking tour on 7 mile beach which was fun, but the island itself is just not pretty, nor is it full of culture like Jamaica or Cozumel. Maybe if we went to the other side of the island we would like it more, but from what we have seen of it so far, we are not impressed.

We took a tour with Phil Lafayette in Jamaica and he definately was worth it. He showed us so much of Jamaica and kept us away from some of the pushy natives. Jamaica is also where I purchased some really nice jewelry in the Island Village.:)

Graham Seymore was very funny! We loved the cruise so much! We went w/o the boys this time. We are trying to think about when they would enjoy it. They are 9 and 7 years old. They swear they would love it - they have the adventure ocean section of the brochure pretty much memorized! We are doing WDW next year, so maybe the year after we'll go on the new Freedom of the Seas ship!:D

Archived