Meet & mingle

Montauklady

We are from rural New Jersey that most don't know exists. We had wild turkey and deer in our yard, our son had a trap line and in 1992, when we sold our house, the new owner's dog was attacked by a bear in our old yard!

We now live just outside a small town, Swansboro and love living here. It takes maybe 10 minutes to get to the ocean. We're sort of between Camp LeJeune & Cherry Point which most marines know. We are about 4 1/2 hours from Charleston so cruise on the fantasy a lot. We get there via 17 all the way!

We live in the meridian which is nestled in the corner of 17 and the Isle Of Palms connector. just 2 miles to the beach. We love it here too. This will be my first cruise on Fantasy although have been onboard her several times for lunch and a tour. This cruise has REO Sppedwagon on for the Carnival Live music series. WE cruise out of Miami & Ft Lauderdale quite often. We will be on 12/12...can you make it?

I had the same question as you did. Every line except Carnival seems to have Meet and Mingles. I always enjoy the ones on NCL which I believe are generally done on the first day at sea. The ship provides coffee and cake and some of the ship's officers show up. I too noticed that Carnival is not represented on the M+M section of this web site. I guess they just don't do it.[/quote

It seems they do have them but it is entirely up to the Cruise Critic members of the roll call to put it together. RCCL makes it so easy, they do everything, NCL has a rollcall person organize it, but they do a great job for you once it is set up. This is my first time with Carnival as a CC member so will have to decide if I wish to get involved. Nobody on the roll call has mentioned it.

I had the same question as you did. Every line except Carnival seems to have Meet and Mingles. I always enjoy the ones on NCL which I believe are generally done on the first day at sea. The ship provides coffee and cake and some of the ship's officers show up. I too noticed that Carnival is not represented on the M+M section of this web site. I guess they just don't do it.[/quote

It seems they do have them but it is entirely up to the Cruise Critic members of the roll call to put it together. RCCL makes it so easy, they do everything, NCL has a rollcall person organize it, but they do a great job for you once it is set up. This is my first time with Carnival as a CC member so will have to decide if I wish to get involved. Nobody on the roll call has mentioned it.

On Princess the get together is planned by someone on the Roll Call. While Princess does not plan these events, they do have a section at their headquarters that will help co-ordinate it with the ship. In the Princess section, several of us have a list of the contacts for each ship. Most of the regulars know that they just have to ask and one of us will post the list for them. I just send an email to the contact for the ship I will be on. It contains the ship, sailing, estimated number of people and when we would like to have the party. A day or two later I get an email back confirming the date, time and location. I post this info on the Roll Call regularly.7

I haven't cruised with Carnival, so can't offer any info to OP on that.

I did sail on Celebrity and was told at that time, that it was an EXCLUSIVE AGREEMENT with RCCL for Meet & Mingle Event, and RCCL paid for the refreshments, the Cruise Director hosted, they even had the ship's photographer come and take a photo.

CC has become so big and well known, that I believe the other cruiselines now offer the option to hold the Meet & Greet, but it isn't an Official Meet & Mingle.

HAL M&G was totally non-existent. Princess okayed a corner of the bar and a server, but no refreshments. I actually paid for a cheese snack tray myself for whopping group of 11.

NCL really stepped up to the plate and provided refreshments, bar tenders and about 8-10 staff members showed up. We wore Mardi Gras masks (not mandatory), I made ribbon streamers, and held it at Sail-Away. I had 60 signed up and 58 showed. The Events Coordinator attended and had a sign-up sheet. Those that put their names and cabin numbers were invited to "Dinner with the Staff" and a "Bridge Tour". I had help with others on the Roll Call taking on the Cabin Crawl (with a poker draw game), Gift Exchange, Slot Pull and a Birthday Dinner at Cagney's. The CC events made this cruise AWESOME. By far the best Meet & Greet I've attended in 7 cruises, even beating out the OFFICIAL one hosted on Celebrity. It was a great CC group!

So if you want to hold a Meet & Greet, it is totally up to folks on your Roll Call to get the ball rolling. Carnival may or may not accommodate. Have a great cruise!