Rough seas

floralscent

I have read a few posts about the seas being rough departing Seattle in route to Alaska. We have sailed 8 times and have never run into what I would consider rough seas. We are sailing Alaska for the 1st time in a week and will be armed with Bonine as usual. I am getting a bit nervous about rough waters now...is May typically rough?

We sailed out of Seattle in 2012 & that was the only cruise my wife did not experience motion sickness. The seas were rough one day but it did not affect her. We were on NCL Pearl. All of our other cruises to the Caribbean she got sick & the seas were not nearly as rough. I think it all depends on the type of motion of the ship in the sea. She uses the scopolamine patches.

I have read a few posts about the seas being rough departing Seattle in route to Alaska. We have sailed 8 times and have never run into what I would consider rough seas. We are sailing Alaska for the 1st time in a week and will be armed with Bonine as usual. I am getting a bit nervous about rough waters now...is May typically rough?

We did the Sapphire Princess Voyage of the Glaciers in 2012. It was calm Inside Passage all the way and when in the Gulf of Alaksa it was smooth sailing up to Whittier and back.

Just depends on weather conditions.

My friend got so sick on the Day 2 cruising out of Seattle. If you are prone to seasickness, yes, definitely pack your medicine