Celebrity Drinks Package - uk

wattsey

Why is it that UK pax are treated like second class by Celebrity ? The 1, 2, 3 campaign has suddenly ended when the website said it ran until June . if you get on to the USA website the frre drinks package etc is still running . Seems like the UK get the left overs always. Will not be returning as this is the nail in the coffin for this Elite+ member.

The 123Go package ended a while back. Then came the next offer, with 2 choices of benefits, not 2 from 3. No-one said 123Go would last to June.

Wasnt it a case that it was offered but only if a cruise booked on board?

If the offer is still available in the US why not book through a US travel agent?

Celebrity is one of the cruise lines which allows this and if you shop around you will probably get a better deal. We have done this a few times and in addition to the 123 offer (which was not available in the UK at that time) our agent also gave us $400 OBC for booking with her.

Perhaps it has nothing to do with "UK pax treated like second class citizens". Rather it is a matter of the legal obligations included with "offers" made to UK citizens. Evidently there was a list of included alcohols provided to UK citizens (such list of included alcohols was NOT provided to US citizens). Since Celebrity has the ability to raise alcohol prices at any time, and thus exclude any alcohols from the classic package, the list provided to UK citizens lists specific alcohols included in the package and Celebrity did not want to include specific alcohols in its packages. Rather than go through the necessary legal disclaimers, etc. (which may or may not be applicable in the UK), the path of least resistance suggests that Celebrity just not offer the "Classic Package" as an option in the UK and thereby forego the hassle of UK citizens fighting over consumer protections. Hey, there is a reason that UK prices are higher -- consumer protections are greater!

Perhaps it has nothing to do with "UK pax treated like second class citizens". Rather it is a matter of the legal obligations included with "offers" made to UK citizens. Evidently there was a list of included alcohols provided to UK citizens (such list of included alcohols was NOT provided to US citizens). Since Celebrity has the ability to raise alcohol prices at any time, and thus exclude any alcohols from the classic package, the list provided to UK citizens lists specific alcohols included in the package and Celebrity did not want to include specific alcohols in its packages. Rather than go through the necessary legal disclaimers, etc. (which may or may not be applicable in the UK), the path of least resistance suggests that Celebrity just not offer the "Classic Package" as an option in the UK and thereby forego the hassle of UK citizens fighting over consumer protections. Hey, there is a reason that UK prices are higher -- consumer protections are greater!

I agree that we have higher pricing due to protections we get, but in simple terms it is the cost of an insurance policy and not some of the dramatic price differences that we see. Having said that, the promotions are always built into the price somehow and that makes it difficult to quantify when comparing prices with promotions in different countries. The simple solution, although not ideal, is for us to use a US TA and determine if the prices and promos that are offered compensate for the lack of protection we get here.

I personally wish X would not use drinks packages as incentives. I do drink, but very little, and the alternative promos that are offered, come nowhere close to the value a drinker sees in theirs. One also just has to see the debacle over drinks packages on the forum right now. People seem to be more concerned about their drink than the cruise they're going on and will no doubt it will leave a bitter taste in the mouth for some, whatever the outcome.

I am holding off booking with X at the moment as I want to see just what direction they want to take the brand, I wont let the "freebies" influence my decision one way or another, although for some it appears it does.