Seasons 1st Greek Island Cruise May 10-17th

Karysa

What pier did you dock at in Venice? Did it have a duty free shop after the security check in?

Sorry we were very jetlagged. We saw the ship while on the Vaporetta in the morning so knew that it had docked near where our previous RCL cruise did back in 2011. We took the people mover from Piazza Roma and followed the crowd. The walk seemed a touch longer this time and instead of crossing the street and dropping our luggage off we actually pulled it up a ramp (stay to the area closest to the road not the building so you only have to go up one ramp with your luggage instead of 2) and we dropped our luggage right by the conveyer belt ourselves.

Another thing that I thought you should know is that since the Greek Islands cruise only goes to EU ports there is a VAT applied to all purchases at the ship stores. This tax is 22%. If you are doing a back to back you should do your onboard shopping during the other cruise because since it stops in Turkey there is no VAT applied.

Just a note about the Friday $10 sale on board. They had scarfs on sale for $10 that were actually $8 all the other days of the cruise. :rolleyes:

I purchased masks in Venice that were fragile and I ended up buying a "gym" style bag on board for $10 that I should have brought from home just to be able to get them safely home.

We are doing back to back; so which ever itinerary has Turkey, that is when we buy stuff onboard; am I correct in my assumption?

We are doing back to back; so which ever itinerary has Turkey, that is when we buy stuff onboard; am I correct in my assumption?

Yes because you will save the 22% VAT that is added to the cruises that only have EU ports. Turkey is not part of the EU and therefore the cruise that visits Turkey does not have the VAT applied.

• 1 month later...

Thanks for all the helpful info. We'll be on the Jade Oct 18th.

The itinerary say that you arrive at 8 AM in Olympia. What time did you actually disembark? I'm thinking of an independent tour.

Edited by kylenyc