Breakaway Chef Table Questions

TravelJoe

Few questions on the chef's table that I can't find in previous posts --

I know the 2014 season just started recently, but does anyone have insight into which night the chef's table dinner is being held? Or does it change sailing to sailing?

With only 12 available seats, are the 12 seats booked first-come, first-served? I have read that reservations can only be made once we board the ship, but we put in a "dining request" through the concierge desk with the Haven -- does this have any weight in reserving? There's a group of 6 of us, and we'd love to have a special night out without the kids.

On the Getaway, the Chef's Table was held on a Tuesday but as far as I understand, these nights can be altered at any time so you won't know until you get to the ship. And yes, you can only book once you're on board. I'm not sure if the Haven concierge will take your request. They might book it for you once they know you've checked in at the port. I would ask once you board the ship.

I was on the Breakaway on 27 April - 4 May. The Chef's Table was held on Friday, the second to the last sea day on the Florida - Bahamas itinerary.

I made my reservation once I was on board...I went directly to Le Bistro and did it there. But I wasn't Haven, so I don't know if the concierege can get you in earlier.

On the Getaway, the Chef's Table was held on a Tuesday but as far as I understand, these nights can be altered at any time so you won't know until you get to the ship. And yes, you can only book once you're on board. I'm not sure if the Haven concierge will take your request. They might book it for you once they know you've checked in at the port. I would ask once you board the ship.

thanks for the info -- will check once I get on board definitely. The Haven concierge did take my request, but noted it was a dining request and would pass that on to the ship, so it will be interesting to see if it transitions into an actual reservation or evaporates into thin air.

thanks for the info -- will check once I get on board definitely. The Haven concierge did take my request, but noted it was a dining request and would pass that on to the ship, so it will be interesting to see if it transitions into an actual reservation or evaporates into thin air.

We recently sailed the epic and were in the haven. We pre-requested the chefs table through the concierge. When we boarded the maître d in the haven restaurant stopped by during lunch to confirm since he was the host. Since chefs table is held in the haven I would expect it would be similar on getaway.

We were on the BA in October. The concierge did put us on the list. When we boarded she confirmed we wanted the chefs table and had us pay right away.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I also was in the Haven on the Breakaway in February. I put in a pre-request with the concierge, but they did note that I it would not be confirmed until I was on board. If you have a party of 6, I would head straight away to the Haven concierge once you have boarded. They held the dinner in the Haven restaurant and the kitchen tour was another day. I have been twice now and the menu has not varied, but it was delicious!