Whatever happened too the Funphone idea??

Even at $8 I'd get it. Next cruise DD will be 7, and will be with our 8 and 12 year old nieces most of the time. I'd love to let them carry their ipods and be able to call or text them to check up on them, and to check in with the rest traveling with us.

I downloaded the app when it first came out and thought it was in full swing by now. Even if it cost $8.00 pp, I would still get it as it beats roaming the ship looking for people, or leaving messages on the cabin phone or stickies in the cabin.

there's an app on the market now for iphones / apple products. google ripple cruise communicator....there's also a fb page for it, i've used it on both the elation and the dream and it worked great for us

Kind of dumb for the company to not include Android users in their market, but I'm glad it works for you.

$8 per person is kinda steep -- it means a minimum of $16 ---cause you need two to tango -- and considering this traffic is next to nothing -- should be free.

It does require infrastructure. The WiFi network needs to handle far more connections than it was probably designed for. And Carnival is a business. If they can sell something that costs little to nothing, like FTTF, it's a plus.