Since there are no excursions for our cruise posted yet....

Ckrewz

my husband I are thinking about staying on-board at both ports, Cozumel and Progresso. (Been there- done both) Sure I know availability will pop up eventually, but it sounds kind of nice to just relax and enjoy a quiet ship. We have always gotten off at each port, but this time, no kids in tow! ;)

For those who stay on board

1. Will a dining-room be open for meals or just the buffet?

2. Will the Serenity deck be even more serene?

3. Are all the pools and hot-tubs open?

4. What do you like to do when you stay on-board at port?

Thank you!:)

my husband I are thinking about staying on-board at both ports, Cozumel and Progresso. (Been there- done both) Sure I know availability will pop up eventually, but it sounds kind of nice to just relax and enjoy a quiet ship. We have always gotten off at each port, but this time, no kids in tow! ;)

It has been our experience that the dining rooms are closed for lunch while in ports.

The Serenity deck is usually nearly empty.

Sometimes the crew uses the time while the ship is in port to service some of the pools and hot tubs.

We normally just sunbath in the serenity area and enjoy an un-crowded lunch in the buffet.

We stayed on the ship while it was in port for the first time last cruise when we went to Grand Cayman. We had already been to Grand Cayman (and we were trying to save money), PLUS it is a tender port, so we decided to stay on the ship. We enjoyed the hot tub for the first time ever on a cruise (our fifth cruise).

DH in the hot tub!

1526900_10152198632689721_711780867_n.jpg

We now stay on board a lot when in port. We have been to just about all the ports a least a couple times now, so unless there is something we REALLY enjoy doing, we stay on the ship.

We don't go to the dining rooms during the day, so I can't answer that question. But the lido buffet and all the other lunch options are open and there are no lines. The Serenity deck (as well as all the other decks) are nearly empty and the pools are wonderfully free of children :) There will still be bar waiters out on the decks to bring you drinks, but there won't be as many as usual.

Thanks so much for the replies.

I kind of thought the dining room might be closed, but was not sure about pools and hot-tubs, both answers are good to know. My vision is a beautiful day on the Serenity deck interrupted only by pizza, ice-cream and cocktail runs. If it rains we will find something inside to do, only to be interrupted by pizza, ice-cream and cocktail runs. :D

I love staying onboard on port days. spa specials, can find a chair near pool easy, no lines for food. We make sure we pick at least one port day to stay on ship. Our breeze cruise it will be Jamaica.

I am always tempted to stay onboard but so far end up going into port. Maybe someday I will take advantage of the quiet on the ship. Sounds wonderful.

we have been too and decided we would not have to hear "I'm bored,there's nothing to do" :rolleyes: this time sooo.....

I'm really looking forward to nothing to do......;)

You will really enjoy staying onboard. Usually 75 to 80 percent of the passengers get off when the ship goes to a port (perhaps a little less on tender ports), but you will feel like you have the ship all to yourself. It is very relaxing. There will still be events going on throughout the day, like trivia, but in general it is much more laid back:)

We stayed on the ship in Ensenada except to go grab lunch. It was so nice, plenty of chairs on Serenity and just overall quiet on the ship.

We've done the cruise to Cozumel and Progresso before. In Progresso, unless you want to see Mayan ruins (& sit on a bus for 2-4 hours of the day) there is really nothing else to do. We got off the ship, walked into the town a bit and decided to get right back in the ship. The town was not a nice place to visit IMO.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk