Carnival Liberty Mexican Buffet??

money bags

Does anyone know if the Liberty has a late-night Mexican Buffet? We've been on 4 other Carnival ships but this is our first time on the Liberty. We always look forward to that event as the food is amazing and you can't get it any other time. Thanks! :D

I'm sorry to tell you that they don't have it on that ship. They stopped doing that on all ships that received the Blue Iguana cantina, which Liberty is one. The stupid reasoning is that because it was branded as Blue Iguana, only that station is allowed to serve Mexican food, and those late night hours are not within their hours of operation. I see about 10,000 solutions to this to still allow them to the Mexican buffet, but they won't do any of them. Promoting 2.0 is more important to Carnival.

The previous poster sailed on 2 ships with the Blue Iguana cantina, which is why they didn't see it. I sailed the Dream in January, which doesn't have the cantina, and we had the Mexican buffet. I thoroughly enjoyed it, as I always do. And the Dream still had the burrito bar, with lunch burritos; just no branded Blue Iguana cantina. In my opinion, I would rather not have the Blue Iguana cantina or Guys burgers, so that there aren't all the restrictions.

Edited by k2excursion
Godzilla attack

I'm sorry to tell you that they don't have it on that ship. They stopped doing that on all ships that received the Blue Iguana cantina, which Liberty is one. The stupid reasoning is that because it was branded as Blue Iguana, only that station is allowed to serve Mexican food, and those late night hours are not within their hours of operation. I see about 10,000 solutions to this to still allow them to the Mexican buffet, but they won't do any of them. Promoting 2.0 is more important to Carnival.

The previous poster sailed on 2 ships with the Blue Iguana cantina, which is why they didn't see it. I sailed the Dream in January, which doesn't have the cantina, and we had the Mexican buffet. I thoroughly enjoyed it, as I always do. And the Dream still had the burrito bar, with lunch burritos; just no branded Blue Iguana cantina. In my opinion, I would rather not have the Blue Iguana cantina or Guys burgers, so that there aren't all the restrictions.

2.0 is stupid but the blue iguana and guy's are good things that they do. Don't get rid of those tbings but you are right that they can find ways to work the blue iguana theme into the midnight buffet. Generally the Mexican buffet sucks on fantasy class ships so it's not something I would totally miss.

Things may have changed a bit in the last year, but, last May, on the Liberty, we had a Mexican Buffet night. It was on a Wednesday evening, and was set up on the Lido deck. It was okay. Nothing to get excited about. We opted for the pizzeria instead.

Things may have changed a bit in the last year, but, last May, on the Liberty, we had a Mexican Buffet night. It was on a Wednesday evening, and was set up on the Lido deck. It was okay. Nothing to get excited about. We opted for the pizzeria instead.

Interesting. Was this the full buffet with Mexican food plus desserts, or was it just chips & dip? If it was the full buffet, maybe the Liberty got to keep it for some reason. It was the first ship to get the branded Cantina, so maybe things are different there.

I'm not against Guys & Blue Iguana Cantina; I'm just against the restrictions that come with them. I would prefer to get rid of them and bring back the unbranded burgers & burritos, so that we can be free from the restrictions. But for those that disagree, don't fear. It won't happen. I'm just hoping that Carnival will actually try to get around the restrictions.

Edited by k2excursion

We were on the Breeze last September and on The Dream two months ago.

Both had deck parties at night where Mexican food was served.

My gripe is............Do it in the daytime when people came come..who are still sober. and that is too hard , I know but still.............

and please some HARD tacos.

Everyone seemed to enjoy them. We were in bed. Old fogies we are..

Interesting. Was this the full buffet with Mexican food plus desserts, or was it just chips & dip? If it was the full buffet, maybe the Liberty got to keep it for some reason. It was the first ship to get the branded Cantina, so maybe things are different there.

I'm not against Guys & Blue Iguana Cantina; I'm just against the restrictions that come with them. I would prefer to get rid of them and bring back the unbranded burgers & burritos, so that we can be free from the restrictions. But for those that disagree, don't fear. It won't happen. I'm just hoping that Carnival will actually try to get around the restrictions.

No, it wasn't a full scale buffet. Chips, dip, stuff to make your own tacos, etc. Like I said, it was okay. More like what you'd see at a bar during happy hour. But, it was a buffet, and it was free, and it gave people something to munch on while drinking beer. It was set up until the deck party was over.