Paperwork needed/desired for embarkation

frawnsay

I am aware of the required papers needed (passport, boarding pass, etc.), but I was wondering if there were any papers or documentation recommended to bring along in addition to the necessary-to-board stuff.

From previous traveling experience, I know that I will bring copies of passports/other important items as a back up in case of loss or stolen items.

If you care to know details, we're heading out on the Solstice to Alaska in a matter of days!

I had a near nightmare on our second cruise.

Make sure you ID's match the cruise docs. Passport & drivers license.

My wife's license name didn't match the cruise docs. She hadn't changed the name on her license yet. That grounds for not being able to get aboard. Thank god our neighbor was able to get into our home and find our marriage license and faxed it to the cruise line. If we wouldn't have found it, I would have been cruising alone. JK!

And another thing. I keep always keep a copy of the info for travel insurance, health insurance, contact info, extra credit card, etc. I also keep a PDF copy of my all ID's and all of the fore mentioned in my e-mail. Just in case something is lost.

I am aware of the required papers needed (passport, boarding pass, etc.), but I was wondering if there were any papers or documentation recommended to bring along in addition to the necessary-to-board stuff.

From previous traveling experience, I know that I will bring copies of passports/other important items as a back up in case of loss or stolen items.

If you care to know details, we're heading out on the Solstice to Alaska in a matter of days!

We make a copy of our drivers licenses and passports onto 1 page and place them in the outside pockets of each piece of luggage and carry on just in case something gets lost or a luggage tag falls off.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

We make a copy of our drivers licenses and passports onto 1 page and place them in the outside pockets of each piece of luggage and carry on just in case something gets lost or a luggage tag falls off.

And perhaps I'm overly cautious... But I think that the practice of storing copies of official documents--such as passports and driver's licenses--could invite identity theft if it were to fall into the wrong hands... I recently had an attempted hijack on my identity--have no idea how it happened--and, though I caught it before any damage was done, it was quite a sobering experience...

It's long been my practice to stick a copy of my itinerary into an outside pocket of each piece of luggage--a copy of my bill from the cruise line that includes my port schedule works great--and affix an address label to/note my phone numbers on each copy... Perfect? No; but much of the information is of no enduring value and the personal information of greatest potential value to someone unscrupulous isn't available for compromise [address and phone numbers are pretty much available on the net]...

Should add that I also carry copies of the same documents--Passport and Driver's License--that you do but bury them in my locked luggage or carry-on...

For what it's worth...

Edited by Xport