Cruising in Febuary.

lojill

A few years back we sailed from Ft. Lauderdale to the Eastern Caribbean. I know you asked about the Western Caribbean, but no one has answered you yet, so I thought I would give you my experience with the Eastern.

We found the weather to be fine. We had sunny days with the exception of one day when it rained for about an hour, not a big deal. We did, however, encounter some rough seas when leaving St. Thomas, but it wasn't all that bad, by the next day, it was beauitful.

This year my entire family will sail again in February for 10-days, I am going to put my order in for calm seas and picture perfect days.

Hope this helps, enjoy your cruise.

Anyone cruise in Febuary the western carribean. If so what was the weather like and the seas like. We are leaving out of Ft Lauderdale in 2006.:) ;)

We cruised the Western from Tampa this past February - it was a little cooler in Tampa when we left but since we come from PA it was nice weather for us.....I would say the first day at sea was a little windy but once you are in the Caribbean it was sunny and beautiful. Our last sea day coming back was rough - not sure if it was the time of year or what - but nobody on deck to sit out and enjoy the sun - boat was a little rocky. Enjoy it you will love it!! Any more questions let me know!

We did the Bahamas on the Carnival Fantasy this past Feb, the weather was beautiful, sunny and pretty warm. Though it was cooler in Orlando on Saturday and Sunday then it was in Kansas City on Friday!!! But by Thursday when we flew home there had been a snow storm, so it was much colder in Kansas City!

We were in the Western Caribbean in February - out of Galveston to the Panama Canal. The seas were a bit on the rough side but not bad. We were dodging storms getting out of Galveston (which was under heavy drizzles). Once we got out a day from there the skies cleared up and turned sunny but not stiflingly so.

It was in the 80's from Cozumel down to Panama. On our return, the captain opted to go to Jamaica instead of Grand Cayman because of rough seas (GC is a tendered port).

I always sail in January or February and the Western Caribbean is beautiful! Warm weather, warm water. I have sailed from Ft. Lauderdale, the weather was great. We sailed from Ft. Lauderdale this past January and the weather was in the 80's! You will have a great time.....the weather will be great...

Linda

I have sailed out of New Orleans in February. I would not recommend sailing from this port during the month of February if you are an avid sunbather due to the cool weather on the first and last days at sea. It was not cold by any means, but a little cool to lay out on deck. For those are not avid sunbathers...perfect weather, perfect seas, perfect vacation.:)

We are sailing on Enchantment Feb13th on a 5 day cruise. I told the group we have a better chance of cruising without a lot of kids and calm seas. I really want to enjoy this cruise and my family wants to also. This will tell us if we want to cruise again. I'm the one planning this trip. I wanted to go in September or October but everybody was concerned about the weather. I told them not to worry the captain will take us out of harms way. But nobody wanted to take a chance with me.We will see. I live in Columbus,ohio and in Febuary it get's cold. So I think any weather in the 70's and 80 can't be that bad. I just don't want to see them sitting on the deck with sweatshirts on and long john underwear.

I always cruise leaving the last weekend in January continuing into the first of February. Very few kids, the weather is always great, and the rates are fantastic. I have been western both times and 2006 I'm booked on the NCL Jewel (eastern) for the same week (leaving Jan 29th).

I have to agree with your family that February was a better choice. Sure September/October are cheaper. Hurrican season but its also VERY hot and humid.

In February you will leave the snow and ice and come back with a great tan that you didnt have to sweat getting. No humidity-which makes touring the island a tad better.

Are you set on Enchantment>? we are doing a group cruise on the New Liberty for the same week. Oceanviews are 649.00 balconies are 749. insides are 549. (which include all taxes and port charges) PLUS you get an extra day.

• 2 weeks later...

Perfect month for sailing the Western Caribbean is February. Weather will be great--not too humid that time of year but nice and warm in the mid 80's. I will be sailing myself Feb. 18-25 to Grand Cayman, Ochos Rios, and Cozumel. Can't Wait.

Hello,

What a wonderful bit of information. We are booked for our first cruise on the Norweigan Jewel on Feb. 5th out of Miami. Hope for warm weather and smooth sailing. lojill I was raised on Lake Erie in Toledo, know about those cold winters.

We relocated to the Carolinas 18 years ago, don't miss all that snow shoveling.

Have sailed numerous times from N.O. and Galveston in Feb.

Usually the Gulf is calm and the weather very nice in Feb. January is usually a bit rough but by Feb. things have calmed down. The first day at sea may be cool if things were chilly at the port but by the end of the first sea day you should be fine.

As I just posted on another thread, we had terrible weather and seas in the Caribbean this past Feb. Although it was the "dry season", we had tons of rain. During our three days at sea to get to the So. Caribbean, we had gail force winds and 20-30+ swells. We experienced an abberation, but you never know what you're going to get. Just book and just go with the flow. If the weather doesn't cooperate, just adjust your plans and attitude. No matter what, it's better than work!!!:D

What was your destinations. Was that unusually weather or is that typical for Feb. Do you think it would be that way on the Western route. We are taking a group of people for our first cruise. I wonder if now we should wait.

Archived