First RCCL - Differences from CCL?

I have never sailed on a Carnival ship so can't comment on the bedding. I find the RCCL beds to be comfortable, but if you don't, ask your cabin steward if he/she can't put an" egg-crate" topper on your bed. Ask for it ASAP as they don't have enough for every bed. You cruise sounds like a wonderful itinerary....enjoy!:)

We're just off of the Navigator. Before boarding, we emptied our 18" roller board, packed it with water and handed it off the baggage handlers. Later, we got a call to go to the naughty room. This was a first. It's not actually a room but the hallway on deck 1 right outside the medical facility. The gentleman was so polite. We unzipped the bag and he inspected each bottle to make sure the cap was intact.

I thought it would be seized but he said they were only interested in smuggled booze. And, with a smile, he sent us on our way with the water. :-) It was pretty interesting. One woman pulled a huge fan from her suitcase. He handed it back to her. There was a table full of irons, etc. As far as a comparison, RCI ships are wider than CCL so you'll have a more spacious feel.

Food is much better in the buffet on RCI and the staff is always friendly and cheerful. You won't see piles on dirty dishes around the pool area … it's a very nice atmosphere.