Got a few outfits for 7 year old, need shoe suggestions

Thanks to all you ladies(and gentlemen) for your cruise clothes suggestions for my 7 year old daughter. We decided to go with casual skirts and dresses for casual night, and we found some really cute outfits today. We were headed somewhere else but, my daughter said, "oh Mama I like the clothes at Walmart", so since I had seen that they had just gotten in some new stuff for back to school, we gave it a try. They really had some cute stuff for her.

For casual night on the cruise we got her a red plaid drop waist skirt that comes with a pair of shorts underneith for modesty. Then we got her a dressy red pocketed shirt, and a white Peter Pan shirt with a red over sweater. A very cute "School Girl Look" The skirt has elastic in the waiste and the shirts come down far enough that the "Plumber's Crack" problem doesn't show up.

The other dress we got her is a mock skirt and blouse set that is really a one piece dress with a plaid skirt, knit top and mock button down. The best part is the sizes are really good for her, and cover her generously enough that the skirts aren't too short.

Now I need shoe advice.. Mary Janes? With Bobby Socks? Opaque Tights?

I think either the hose or socks would look nice, but the first thing I thought of when you described the outfit was Mary Janes :) I haven't seen the girl's shoes at Wal-mart but they might have some cute black shoes that would go well.

I work at Kohls and we have lots of stores near us, Lord and Taylor, Macy's, Nordstrom, etc., but I always check Walmart and Target too.

For my younger children I have found lovely Easter and Christmas dresses at Walmart and Target. I also find them at Kohls. But sometimes Kohls can be too trendy or the more traditional "little girl" styles sell out too quickly to find the right size. Lines like Bonnie Jean and Rare Editions are nice.

The girls' favorite Easter dress they also wore for a Father/Daughter dance at church and it was from Walmart. I paid $20 each for the twins' and they looked adorable. I got a poofy slip, also at Walmart, to make their dresses more ball gownish for the Father Daughter dance. They loved that! I always check Walmart and Target before I plop down $40 at Hecht's or Macy's.

Oh, the dresses are on their second season. Because they were tea length, they could get away w/ wearing them longer. :)

I think we might try to swing by Kohls next week. The sales there are great and my daughter like the Ever Girl Line. I live between Tucson and Sierra Vista, a little bit closer to Sierra Vista. There is a mall there with a Sears and a Dillards, and they also have a Target, a Wal-Mart, a Ross and a Marhalls in town. I have to go into Tucson to go to the Kohls, otherwise I think I'd shop there more often.

I probably only need to get a few more things for her and then she can mix and match for the cruise. If she eats with us in the dining room every night she'll need 9 casual outfits, in addition to her 3 formal and In Formal. We'll probably do some repeating. So, with what she has already, I think she can get by with just two or three more new outfits.

I think I will get her a pair of Mary Janes to go with these outfits, and then she'll need a dressy pair of shoes to go with her dressy dresses.

Suzanne,

Is this your Infinity cruise in November- sailing RT San Diego around Hawaii?

We went this route on the Statendam Holiday 2004 and it was chilly the first 3 days or so out, then sort of balmy after that. Never hot, often rainy. I think tights, as long as they are not wooly, would be fine.

Thanks, yes we are doing the Nov 20th Hawaii Infinity trip. I was thinking that there was a good chance that it could be a little chilly.

You'll have to join me on one of my future cruise departing from Arizona.

(look up the thread in the fashion forum marked "jeans" and you'll know what I mean.)

How did you enjoy Hawaii and all the days at sea?

Thanks, yes we are doing the Nov 20th Hawaii Infinity trip. I was thinking that there was a good chance that it could be a little chilly.

You'll have to join me on one of my future cruise departing from Arizona.

(look up the thread in the fashion forum marked "jeans" and you'll know what I mean.)

How did you enjoy Hawaii and all the days at sea?

Too funny! Yeah, it would be so much easier if there were cruises departing from AZ. We could take advantage of some of those last minute deals!!

We LOVED our Hawaii cruise. My hubby describes it as three cruises in one- 4 days at sea, 5 days circling the islands followed by 5 more leisurely days at sea. We had the hardest time adjusting back to normal life and my daughter had to be back at school the day following our return! 6 AM wake-up- EEK!! It must have taken me 2 weeks to adjust back to our own time zone, and that was not due to any weird jet-lag due to flying!

Archived